Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Stuff!!!

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

New Stuff!!!

So, I ordered this today, and I’m super stoked!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56115B8D-99B8-4743-92F3-C2903EF0A61F.png 
Views:	360 
Size:	612.6 KB 
ID:	6748
    Hoping to wheel and deal enough to snag a matching 6 channel when they come out...
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Re: New Stuff!!!

Very interesting. What amps have you had that you could compare this one to?
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Idk. This might be an investment piece, I’m not sure yet. I’ve talked to Bernie a couple times, and watched his interview with Big D Wiz, and I was on board. The fact that there is a noise floor the rivals some home amps is impressive, and a built in 150 watt fuse says there is some power there. The interview was interesting to hear about the mistakes he’s made, and how he’s improved his design on each amp since then. I actually bought wheelieking’s Boland 2150B, and Bernie asked me if I wanted him to upgrade it to the few tweets he’s found since that 1 year old amp has been in production! The fact that Bernie answered the phone, asked me where I lived, was I a stereo guy from way back, what my set up was, etc. tells me this will be a lot like Andy’s customer service, which is worth the price to me. Bernie actually led me to this other amp based on me running my subs at 1 ohm, instead of 2 ohm.

Andy actually had me send one of my GB60’s to him bcuz the allen screw that held the speaker wire was stripped. He drilled it out and mailed it back to me, no problem. Said he’s been meaning to redesign those terminals. Those are the main reasons I run the equipment I have at the moment. Ive figured out that I’m not the competitor type (too much sitting around), and I’d rather hear a crazy dynamic system than more of a flat signal, so my system is being set up for the way I like to punish it.
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Looks like a big girl you have there. Let us know how you like it.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Wow! This Boland Audio thing has turned into a major clusterfuck!!! Thankfully, I received my amp, but I believe it might have been the last one out the door before the shutdown! From the way things are shaping up, Mr. Boland seems to be quite a piece of work...

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
    Wow! This Boland Audio thing has turned into a major clusterfuck!!! Thankfully, I received my amp, but I believe it might have been the last one out the door before the shutdown! From the way things are shaping up, Mr. Boland seems to be quite a piece of work...
    When I listened to the 12V Talk Podcast with Bernie I kinda got the shyster vibe. Sorry to hear that my gut was right.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

7. Back To Top    #7

Did something happened? Podcast?

Kelvin

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Apparently, Bernie didn’t pay rent for 3 months, landlord locked the building, his business partner (Munish) is out about $1M. A couple neutral parties were allowed in to collect owed repair amps, and ship possibly finished amps. Bernie was apparently living there, had some personal items that should have probably never been shown on the internet, amps were all in disarray, etc. Now, blame is being dished out everywhere except on Bernie’s shoulders. Every day, it seems the mess gets bigger and bigger. 74 amp backlog of people who paid up to 2 years ago, and can’t get their money back from CC company due to how long ago payment was made. There has been a “Not” Boland Audio FB page made, because Bernie is using the main Boland page to slander everyone but himself. What a mess!!!

9. Back To Top    #9

interesting, thanks for the explanation

Kelvin

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

had some personal items that should have probably never been shown on the internet,
    I just hate it when that happens....