Thread: New car, Quick question.

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Re: New car, Quick question.

next up.

Tactile transducers, AKA Bass Shakers. I have used them live TONS on drum thrones for monitoring and they are goddamn amazing. But, there is a ton of low end already floating around on the stage form backline amps, sub creep, etc. Anyone use them in a car? What if I did a sub in the stock placement and tossed a set of these in the mix? Not looking to be heard outside, looking to retain the car, most importantly my pass through.

14 years of owning a hatch and dreaming of doing a real IB install and I bought this shitbird with no space and need the pass thru to transport longer rifles.

And again, as always, I'm keeping my spare tire.

Probably should, at some point, see what it takes to light the car up. JL makes a sealthbox but I'm not paying 600+ bucks for a box and sub.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    next up.
    Tactile transducers

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I think the bass shakers would be worth a try for a fun install. For a sub I'm not sure what size the stock sub box is but the IDv4 is a great low bass sub that doesn't need much to deliver the goods. Good call on keeping the spare. Contrary to popular car audio belief a cell phone, compressor, and a can of fix-a-flat IS NOT an acceptable road hazard package.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

I have not even looked at the spare yet, it's been such a whirlwind.. May want to before I go on a trip next week

Allegedly the cerwin vega 8's get right at it IB. Just the little vega series. A guy of FB has them, dunno if he is here, Dennis McCoy... Though about seeing if I can do some sort of manifold to cancel vibration on the deck but if I can get by with a solid 8 or 10 in the deck and well done transducers it would be ideal in keeping my trunk space up and weight down.

The JL stealthbox looks more an more tempting but it is UNGODLY expensive. These cars are affordable now, kids are buying them so it's a matter of time to wait till one is wrapped around a tree and grab the JL if anyone has bought one. There is a company that makes a nice custom box, but I lose the cabin pass. Gotta have the cabin pass.

Another thing I discovered is that you can actually fit amps behind the panels in the rear! A lot of people also do a custom hung amp rack.

As I dismantle the civic to only have audio, no ham radio, no fancy power supply, etc.. I'm completely embarrassed at the attention to detail that I put into that install.... Embarrassed that I probably could not do it again.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Chris B
    Vehicle
    2019 Japanese 4dr Mustang

I'll throw another suggestion at you... What about putting an 8 or 10 in the factory location and building your enclosure under the deck while attaching it to the deck? I did that once in my old hooptie crown vic in college, but i missed my measurement by a tad so instead of sitting on the gas tank hump, I had to brace and bolt the hell out of it...
    2019 WRX Limited - Stock HK for now while waiting on parts to be developed...

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

I've thought about that, also thought about still doing IB with the drivers facing down and open to the rear sub pass through. Same theory, more cone.

Then, today, we went shopping and I totally used that space.

Also noticed while as a passenger (wife has taken to driving it) that there is no way it cannot have a loudness contour. There's way too much low end for stock speakers at low volume.

7. Back To Top    #17

I have not even looked at the spare yet, it's been such a whirlwind.. May want to before I go on a trip next week

Allegedly the cerwin vega 8's get right at it IB. Just the little vega series. A guy of FB has them, dunno if he is here, Dennis McCoy... Though about seeing if I can do some sort of manifold to cancel vibration on the deck but if I can get by with a solid 8 or 10 in the deck and well done transducers it would be ideal in keeping my trunk space up and weight down.

The JL stealthbox looks more an more tempting but it is UNGODLY expensive. These cars are affordable now, kids are buying them so it's a matter of time to wait till one is wrapped around a tree and grab the JL if anyone has bought one. There is a company that makes a nice custom box, but I lose the cabin pass. Gotta have the cabin pass.

Another thing I discovered is that you can actually fit amps behind the panels in the rear! A lot of people also do a custom hung amp rack.

As I dismantle the civic to only have audio, no ham radio, no fancy power supply, etc.. I'm completely embarrassed at the attention to detail that I put into that install.... Embarrassed that I probably could not do it again.
    thanks for all your replies i read them all .thanks for your help bro
    best regards

8. Back To Top    #18

Another thing I discovered is that you can actually fit amps behind the panels in the rear!
    Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate A lot of people also do a custom hung amp rack.

As I dismantle the civic to only have audio, no ham radio, no fancy power supply, etc.. I'm completely embarrassed at the attention to detail that I put into that install.... Embarrassed that I probably could not do it again
    thanks for all your replies i read them all .thanks for your help bro
    best regards bro
    all best
    Last edited by klimbo; 01-24-2019 at 01:54 AM.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

Bro, you posted it twice, bro. 20 hours apart, bro. Wtf bro?

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Are you not entertained?!?!