Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F150 3 way front

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Mack
    Vehicle
    05 F150 Fx4

F150 3 way front

Looking for opinions on installing a midrange in the upper door location of the 04-08 f150. For instance SI TM65 mk3 lower door M3 upper door and tweeter molded into the mirror cover or A pillar. Just wondering if the midrange would be too far off axis.

Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: F150 3 way front

Good question. Those are pretty flat from what I remember (my dad has a 2007), but good size to make a midrange look factory. Would you put the tweeters in the factory door location above the woofer?
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Mack
    Vehicle
    05 F150 Fx4

That is what I have been looking at as one possible location. The other would end up with something along the lines of the newer models a pillar location.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

I wonder if it would be better to put the midranges in the door locations (if possible) and then the tweeters up in the sail panels.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Howard
    Vehicle
    Gonzo the Yota 3.0

Ive seen a couple with the MR/TW mounted in the sail easily and they sounded pretty good.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Mack
    Vehicle
    05 F150 Fx4

I may have caused some confusion, I want the midbass and midrange in the door tweeter up high. Again just a thought.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Mack
    Vehicle
    05 F150 Fx4

Chefhow, I have thought about that even went so far as to make cardboard templates to see what kind of room they would need. I was just wanting to keep it all as out of sight as possible.

This would be my first three way setup and i have never dealt with a smaller midrange in the car before. So not really sure how directional they would be and whether being in the door location would be a nonstarter.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMack View Post
    I may have caused some confusion, I want the midbass and midrange in the door tweeter up high. Again just a thought.
    So, midbass in the 6x8 location, midrange in the factory tweeter location, tweeter up higher?

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Mack
    Vehicle
    05 F150 Fx4

That is my current thought process. i have room in the upper door panel near the defrost vent that could house a tweeter as well as the a pillar locations.

My concern beyond imaging is blending between the tweeter and midrange. From what i have read the tweeter is more efficent and capable of handling more power. I wonder would I be better off going 2 way instead of three i like my music with a little volume.

My current thought process has me looking at the TM25, M3, TM65mkIII, with a pair of BMmk5 as the substage. I may need to look in another direction however the review I have read (everything except M3) has me intrigued.
    Last edited by DaddyMack; 08-28-2018 at 04:06 PM.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Mack
    Vehicle
    05 F150 Fx4

Although i may be getting off topic based on the thread title. I am also up in the air on the subject of rear fill. Due to being tall and having a bad back I sit with my head almost inline with the rear speaker location. I am aware in order to properly process the rear fill I will need a DSP currently looking at the Helix models.

Honestly the last processed system I listened to was a demo vehicle using the then new at the time Fosgate Gavotte. With that in mind I would be open to opinions on the rear fill. Especially taking in to considerstion that I sit with the majority of my upper body behind the pillar. The top of my seatback is inline with the middle of the rear door speaker.