Thread: What did Syria do to us?

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Keele
    Vehicle
    17 Spark

Re: What did Syria do to us?

Always fear Russia!

Seriously as a country haven't we became the playground bully in the name of keeping the schoolyard safe?

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Quote Originally Posted by Keele81 View Post
    Always fear Russia!
    I wouldn't let our guard down but until they get there shit together; I wouldn't loose too much sleep over it. I mean it took them over a week to subdue Georgia, If this was the 60/70's it would have taken about half a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keele81 View Post
    Seriously as a country haven't we became the playground bully in the name of keeping the schoolyard safe?
    Kinda, if you do something we don't like even if it has no impact on our country (socially, economically, ect) we try and strong arm you into not doing it. I'm sorry but it bullshit, we need to let Syria deal with Syria's problems. You can't liberate the unwilling or apathetic, they have to do it themselves. Also we don't need another decade/near decade long money pit. We've already had two.

3. Back To Top    #23

big picture, is Islamic influence making us weaker by spending all our resources in these shithole middle eastern deserts. We do fall for their humanitarian abuse trap, every time and if it wasn't for bin Laden we'd probably still view the region with the same disinterested air, as they continue to follow the circus theme.

but it's different now, because they have shown they can get to us.

here's my issue on invading Syria or even wasting our depleted uranium shells on these weasels, factions of rebels that we support, are united to take down Assad but when the struggle to fill the vacuum begins, we won't know if we were arming the devil or just his handmaiden. There is no sense in creating a democracy of Islamic people, because democracy demands freedom and Islam demands subjugation. It's literally quite stupid to continue to beat our heads into solving the Islamic problem, and by extension, stupid to continue supporting Islamic rebels in any capacity. Russia has it down, they are coming from a communist background, so anything they do to promote stability isn't tainted by the West's curse of the infidel.

Atrocities in countries where we are morally obligated to support the opposition, ends with the Islam. You want Western funding to oust a dictator regime that gasses their own people, you find me a group of people who I can back that do not stand in some pie chart of sectarian Islam and have Al Quaeda waiting for a chance to use my taxpayer monies to rise to power and create another Iran or worse.

this thing of picking the lesser evil is preposterous, when there is absolutely no assurances that we won't be back in the region in 6 months, being bombed and shot by our own weaponry.

I'm tired of saving desert scrub just so we can say we're the good superpower, I'm ready to be just a superpower, and fuck all those haters in brainwashed huts planning for my demise, because of a religion that parades as a government, it's 2013 and it's bankrupting our way of life just so we can blow away a bunch of weeds in cracks of empty lots that nobody wants to build on, except for the spots where there's oil underneath.

Let Dubai solve their Islamic riddle, the West is no place to panhandle for help when we're sending 700 billion a year in oil costs directly to the Islam already. We don't need to up the measure just because they are being crafty with our liberal tree-hugger mentality and we're awash in mainstream media bogus caring is sharing...

we'll glass beach the nastiest ones, and let them figure it out on the rest. And back Israel if they're attacked by letting Israel ground and pound their enemies.

then we can exchange nukes with Russia and China and everybody don't need to save the planet from global warming with the nuclear winter setting in.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

We should stay the fuck out. The issue with funding "the opposition" as you noted is we don't know exactly who were are funding, could be a true secular democratic group or it could be a Islamic fundamentalist group masquerading as on to gain global funding. I say let them deal with there own issue. I mean look at Egypt yes it's currently pretty shaky but you had a radical Islamist group take power but the general popular demanded there outing because they didn't feel that's what they fought to instate. The issue is that most of the middle east is made of people. People like all of us, they my look different, speak different languages, and have different beliefs but most of them are not radical fundamentalists. In the same way most Christians in the country are not radical Christians that hate gays and burn people alive for witch craft. As I said you can't liberate people that don't want to be liberated or don't feel they need to be, they need to do it themselves.

Also on the Russian note: The radicals hate them just as much as us, they are godless communist after all. We at least have a god the wrong one according to them but it's something.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

We at least have a god the wrong one according to them but it's something.
    Probably better to have no opinion than a controversial one

Last edited by Hic; 09-01-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

6. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    Probably better to have no opinion than a controversial one
    I'd say both a controversial to a religious radical.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-FiDelity View Post
    The issue is that most of the middle east is made of people. People like all of us, they my look different, speak different languages, and have different beliefs but most of them are not radical fundamentalists. In the same way most Christians in the country are not radical Christians that hate gays and burn people alive for witch craft. As I said you can't liberate people that don't want to be liberated or don't feel they need to be, they need to do it themselves.

Here is the difference. When the radical elements act out, they say and do nothing. Here, when Westboro Baptist Church goes full retard, other Christians condemn them. Muslims support the radicals by doing nothing(with the exception of Egypt). For this to end, the Muslims themselves must end it.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Quote Originally Posted by SublimeZ View Post
    Here is the difference. When the radical elements act out, they say and do nothing. Here, when Westboro Baptist Church goes full retard, other Christians condemn them. Muslims support the radicals by doing nothing(with the exception of Egypt). For this to end, the Muslims themselves must end it.
    One caveat: How do you know they don't condemn it, it's not like our sensationalist media is going to advertise that. They like to portray every one as a die hard america hatting supporter, it lets them get away with manipulating facts easier than if they showed it as a small grout. I'm also not saying that there doesn't seem to be a general symptom of apathy over there, I can't completely blame them when shit like suicide bombers and car bombs have been going on regularly since the 60's. Also it's not like we've bough "welcome" change when we've intervened in the past. I mean the Iranian's displaced the Shaw in the 50's with a democratic government (that was a bit more left leaning than we would like) we decided to take out ball and go home and the Soviets swoop in and start acting all buddy buddy with them. We then work to covertly topple the government and get the Shaw back in power. Can't say I blame them for being angry.

As I said we need to stay the fuck out, it not our business to fix other people country. just like It's not you're business or obligation to fix my house when something goes wrong.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-FiDelity View Post
    One caveat: How do you know they don't condemn it, it's not like our sensationalist media is going to advertise that. They like to portray every one as a die hard america hatting supporter, it lets them get away with manipulating facts easier than if they showed it as a small grout.
    Because I don't depend on our state media for news...

10. Back To Top    #30
    Real Name
    Stu
    Vehicle
    '02 Honda Accord

What did Syria do to us?

Quote Originally Posted by SublimeZ View Post
    If I publicly condemn Westboro Baptist church they don't drag me out of my house, cut my penis off, and leave it hanging out of my mouth while they behead me. But then again Westboro Baptist church isn't a governing body either. But the Muslim radicals are that cruel and they are in charge. So retaliation isn't really an option.

That's what's wrong in Syria. The people have chosen to retaliate and they get bombarded with chemical weapons for it. The only problem is these rebellions are lead by other radicals that use the people's frustrations to further their own ambitions. Kinda like Obama's run on a campaign of change.

Sent from my Springfield XD with love!