Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland Install

1. Back To Top    #121
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland Install

Anarchy mids have XBL2 technology , maybe try them ?
    . . . or take another sub and put in an enclosure/box that is too small by half what they reccomend. You will get back all you have lost (think mono midbass).
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #122
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Rolled the windows down today, and the bass increased, but it was like flipping phase. All the bass went immediately to the back, and you could hear the fender buzzing like crazy. Maybe that is the culprit causing the cancellations.

I've noticed a few wonky other things too. Like the driver's side mirror vibrating, and the passenger side not at all. Yet when I switch L/R RCAs on the amp, of course the passenger side mirror starts, and driver side stops. This has been an ongoing issue since the start, like the Left channels play much louder than the Right. I've wondered if this is an issue with the DSR1. To take it further though, it seems like the Arc amps aren't putting out barely anything close to what I assume they are capable of. Everyone talks about how awesome and strong they sound, yet I can hardly get the volume up without it sounding like they run out of steam and start clipping. Might be time to ditch the DSR1 and step it up in the processor department too.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #123
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT
    Try a different sub (with windows up and down) ?

Left side is what some use when running an rca for sub (In home, LFE is available to connect to) {low frequency effects}.

A diff sub may or may not mirror effects you are seeing.

Have you sound deadened the fender wells, as well as floorboards, doors, and everywhere else you can spray dampner or add MLV. Looked @ quietest tires (softer compound and less aggressive) street tires -vs- off-road mud -n- snow.
    You move a cigarette/candle around (outside of vehicle) while sub is playing inside and you may find leaks . In wheelwell, panel edges, up underneath, et cetera

16 yrs ago MrMarv built a box I designed on WINISD for an MB Quart RWC (underhung or sound quality) 12" , using 1" hdf. I put polyurethane inside/outside and sprayed rubberized undercoating inside, then used 1/2" weather stripping to form seal on removable lid.
    My son has that box!

Incense can be used to detect leaks (long sticks) that smoke.

Marv said my box minus sub weighed more than a box he built for someone else with two twelves installed!

I use a Howitzer to fire 6" shells !

I like very LOUD, very CLEAN bass ! The cannons in 1812 overture sound like cannons. !

If your enclosure flexs . . . Your output is less than it could be !

A non-flexing enclosure is crucial !

A different sub , more SQ oriented , underhung design , may appeal to you using same fenderwell area !
    Last edited by papacueball; 06-05-2019 at 05:45 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #124
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

So, interesting update. Put the IDMAX into an oversized sealed enclosure last night (it's one I built for a pair of NVX 12s, about 2.5 cubes volume) for poots and giggles. Want to make sure I'm headed in the right direction before making any cuts in sheet metal, or deciding to lose the spare tire.

Remember that pure, clean, natural sound I stressed about, without any excessive boom or blat? Still does it. Guess in my head, you look at that thing, and immediately think - W7. Or at least a JBL GTi. Hell, I'd settle for an Ultimo type sound. But this thing, it's more like a DIYMA R12 on steroids. Does it drop low, ohhhh yeah. Does it reproduce kick drum and bass plucks and electronic stuff in a very detailed and natural manner, completely.

But is it fun... I really can't say that it meets my level of excitement. Kind of torn here. On one hand, it's a vehicle I drive everyday. Want to make sure it's at least enjoyable. On the other... this is already the best sounding setup I've ever put together, and not even half way to reaching it's full potential.

5. Back To Top    #125
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

"Bigger is Better"? Nice mantra

Go figure,...

6. Back To Top    #126
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Skizer, resonix sound solutions will take care of `noise` issues.

CLD, MLV, et cetera . . .

7. Back To Top    #127
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

2.5 cubes gives you a qtc of .75 for that sub. We discussed this a while back about it being an air pig. My IDQ12 has the same type of sound you're describing. Clean and accurate but when you really wanna get ghetto with it the sound can be lacking. Still prefer the accurate and somewhat dry sound most of the time so that type of sound will stay put.

Here's what you need to do. Make .5 cube blocks and add them to the 2.5 cube box to see how that effects the sound. You will find that happy medium of peaky BLAT BLAT BLAT and that accurate sound you have now. Personally, with that sub I wouldn't go any smaller than 1.5 net and even that's pushing it imo with a qtc of .87. When you get lean on needed box size start stuffing polyfil in there. About 20oz per cube. For the optimal qtc of .7 you're looking at about 3.5 cubes.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

8. Back To Top    #128
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Chris, you might want to listen to his RCA`s the left one seems different from the right one .

9. Back To Top    #129
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

PS8 arrived last night. Very anxious to get this swapped in as soon as possible.

Ironically, and could be wrong here, but I'm getting the impression that IDMAX works in a much smaller enclosure than what people think. Will definitely test a few more out once the new processor is installed. But it seems to play low quite effortlessly, where some other 12s I've had to put into large enclosures to get a similar response. Think I may start with a 1.35 cube, and go up from there. Had great success with that same volume and an Ultimo SC on similar power.

10. Back To Top    #130
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Anywhere, right around that amount ! How low of a test tone did it play? Does youtube and bluetooth work ?