Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland Install

1. Back To Top    #101
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland Install

Persistence pays off! I would have f-bombed everything in sight and ripped the driver apart, saying “whose distorting now mother f’er”, then realized how much money that just cost me, lmao!
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

2. Back To Top    #102
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Thank you friend! It was very frustrating, but glad the good peeps here are always offering support to tackle the issue and keep moving forward.

Need to revisit the subwoofer enclosure, and tidy up the wiring. Ordered some new RCAs and may try them, check these babies out:

Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #103
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Cooool. They looks so fancy.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

4. Back To Top    #104
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Ordered fitty if you need some!!!

5. Back To Top    #105
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

One of these days, you are gonna have to do some vids of how you clean up all your wiring and make your connectors. It amazes me to see what you start with and what you end up with, even going back to the Challenger. Always beautiful, clean work bro.
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

6. Back To Top    #106
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

You are too kind my friend! Definitely couldn't do any of it without all the great knowledge shared between us fellow junkies!!!

7. Back To Top    #107
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Well, amps and DSR1 are removed. Have tried three times to hook it up and every time, keep getting this nasty distortion and crackle, that isn't there with the factory amp. It's even awful with the touch screen tones, just selecting things, the soft tone is distorted. Backup warning beeps aren't working either. So, had to pull it. Could be my wiring, but I think it's more the DSR1 in this application. Does that make it bad? Tough to say. I honestly think in another vehicle, could be just fine. Like the Challenger, only had six factory speakers, I bet it would have worked perfectly in there. But in the Grand Cherokee, trying to sum all those signals and do backup beeps and bluetooth, etc. - guess it just wasn't the best choice.

Will check the Arc amps to make sure everything is ok with them, then go another direction with the processing.

8. Back To Top    #108
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Well kiddos... let's play a game. It's called, Guess Which Woofer Quit Working On The Way Home From Work Today:

You give up yet? The distortion was back yesterday, so decided to pull them both out and swap, see if it's the speaker causing the problem, or maybe the factory radio. I think we can all agree, it's the speaker. Wasn't playing at all. Could push in on the cone and it would make sound, but soon as you let go, it slowly went back to resting position and quit playing. Guess the coil is shorting out against the pole piece. Could have been what was causing the nasty sounds with the DSR1 and Arcs!!! Anyone have some hot sauce? Time to eat that crow.

As before, the NVX won't fit because the baffle from the Challenger is too deep for the door panel to fit back on. But... I forgot there are XS 6.5" speakers in the back doors, and they are MUCH thinner than the NVX. Swapped them into the baffles, and the door panels went back on. Going to rock those for a bit, see if we can live with, "just" a 6.5" speaker in the doors, and go from there. Stay tuned, this could turn into an NVX build pretty quickly!

9. Back To Top    #109
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Sucks that the ID’s gave up on ya. Glad you already had a nice replacement though!

10. Back To Top    #110
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Well, kind of. Seems like midrange has improved a bit. Cymbals and guitar seem, "meaty" - definitely have more bite and crash to them... But that midbass... man. Seems like one of those you don't miss it, until it's gone. Now I'm really torn. Go with the 6.5's to keep that midrange that did seem to be lacking just a little bit... or lean back towards the midbass...