Thread: Zuki`s ?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Zuki`s ?

Who has used or heard em ? Did anyone buy some from Patrick and install em, ?
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Ross
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Tundra

Re: Zuki`s ?

I bought and used the Hybrid 5 for a while. It's possibly the best-sounding 5-channel I've ever used (including HD900/5, XD1000/5v2, Arc XDI 1100.5, Audison SRx 5, JBL GTO-5). Only sold due to it's massive size.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

I had one of those, "spare parts" six channels briefly and it was a very awesome sounding amplifier. Wish there were more companies like that out there.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I bought a scratch and dent Eleets 4ch from Patrick years ago. He also sent me a big Brax clone with it and told me to send the one I didn't want back. Ended up sending the Eleets back because it just didn't have the gonads I was expecting after reading so much about it. I ran the fake Brax for a couple years until I bridged it for subs and let most of the magic smoke out. The bridging diagram may or may not have been marked wrong because it was opposite of what I'm used to seeing but followed it anyway. While it was alive it had endless headroom and sounded great. I gave it to a local Diyma/CAJ member who gave it to his Father-In-Law to fix but didn't have time to get to it. It got sent off by accident to another technician who was helping him out. Carl didn't tell me what got done do it or how much it cost but the tech said "I don't know what he did to it but he really jacked it up but since it was decently put together I went ahead and fixed it". Anyway, that's my experience with Zuki and if Patrick tells you not to do something with his amps you better listen!
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Interesting view. Read recently that Zuki is pretty much gone, except for a few mono amps he has left. But that, "parts" six channel I had - that thing was not short on power at all. People can say what they want about all amps sounding the same - but that was the first time I did a direct swap and could tell a difference. Was it clean? Yup. Did it put out some volume? Yup. But it also, "colored" the sound a bit. Added this, "oomph" to it that is difficult to describe. Almost like the first time hearing a tube amp.

Never had the monies for an Eleets, but always wanted to try one of the Harmony and some of the Hybrid amps. And of course, the ten channel monster.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Ross
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    People can say what they want about all amps sounding the same - but that was the first time I did a direct swap and could tell a difference. Was it clean? Yup. Did it put out some volume? Yup. But it also, "colored" the sound a bit. Added this, "oomph" to it that is difficult to describe. Almost like the first time hearing a tube amp.
    I can completely relate to this, as it's what I experienced with the Eleets Hybrid 5. It was a direct swap-in replacement for a HD900/5 and the sound went from almost sterile to absolutely wonderful. I loved everything about that amp, except its footprint, as it was huge.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Interesting view. Read recently that Zuki is pretty much gone, except for a few mono amps he has left. But that, "parts" six channel I had - that thing was not short on power at all. People can say what they want about all amps sounding the same - but that was the first time I did a direct swap and could tell a difference. Was it clean? Yup. Did it put out some volume? Yup. But it also, "colored" the sound a bit. Added this, "oomph" to it that is difficult to describe. Almost like the first time hearing a tube amp.

Never had the monies for an Eleets, but always wanted to try one of the Harmony and some of the Hybrid amps. And of course, the ten channel monster.
    To me the original Eleets 4 was TOO clean. The fake Brax gave me basically the same thoughts as you had with your spare parts amp. I could be wrong because it's been a while but I remember it being said his second generation of Eleets amps had more coloration to the sound that makes the experience more pleasant.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Howard
    Vehicle
    Gonzo the Yota 3.0

I had some seat time with a 5 channel Hybrid as well and it was beautiful sounding.
    I always wanted the 4 channel and the mono but never had the money for it, now I do and they are not around anymore....

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

This ^^^