Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zapco or Arc Audio

1. Back To Top    #11
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Re: Zapco or Arc Audio

If we're comparing Zapco and Arc, aren't we just comparing two Zeff designed amps?

The Kicker CXA1200.1 isn't a bad amp for the money. Only issue I've seen with them is sometimes the signal sensing turn-on doesn't work properly.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Howard
    Vehicle
    Gonzo the Yota 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonic View Post
    If we're comparing Zapco and Arc, aren't we just comparing two Zeff designed amps?

The Kicker CXA1200.1 isn't a bad amp for the money. Only issue I've seen with them is sometimes the signal sensing turn-on doesn't work properly.
    We are comparing similar designs but different execution and controls as of late, thats my point.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by chefhow View Post
    We are comparing similar designs but different execution and controls as of late, thats my point.
    I really can't speak much about Arc or Zapco because I don't have any experience with either brand. I have some experience with Kicker though. Whilst I think the CXA1200.1 is a fine amp, I'd take a KXA400.1 over it any day of the week. Why? It sounds better. Maybe it's the steeper crossover slope, or the parametric EQ, or it has a better power supply, or maybe it's something else. Sure they're not equal in power, but they're not equal in the way they sound either.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Vehicle

I also understand similar designs with different parts. Back in the 90's, the MTX MTA 250 and PPI ProMOS-2050 were said to be identical amplifiers. The MTX sold for $650, the PPI for $800. They were close to equal driving 4 ohm and 2 ohm loads, but the PPI was superior into 1 ohm loads.