Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2001 Ford Focus Street Edition

1. Back To Top    #1

2001 Ford Focus Street Edition

Way, way back in the day, I had a system comprised if Sony head unit, ads amplifiers and signal processor , Cerwin Vega plates for the front stage, and two 6"Bazooka bass tubes in the trunk. This was cassette days. Yes, I am an older. With that out of the way, let's fast forward 3 decades and am finally getting back to a system. The platform I will be using is a 2001 Ford Focus Street Edition wagon. It will be a mix of suspension, interior changes as well as audio. I expect a slow build over the summer as time permits, with completion by Labor Day.

What do I have so far?
    Front stage:
    Pioneer DEH 80PRS (yes, another one)
    (3) Pioneer PRS-D800 amplifiers
    Morel Temp Ultra 602 set
    Morel ADMW 6 subs
    Subwoofer:
    JL Audio 600/1V3 Slash
    JL Audio 10" ported Bass Wedge

All of the above have been purchased over a couple of years with SQ being the goal. As I am finally nearing the start of the build, I am unsure if I will keep the PRS-D800 amps and the subwoofer. Thinking of going to A/B for the separates. Sub wise, likely will start with the JL and go from there.

Before the real fun begins, the door panels will be changed to ones from a higher end Focus model, the SVT, and Recaro seating front and rear from the European Appearance Package Focus SVT. As these parts are swapped out, sound deadening will be installed. Will have a few other changes to the dash and instrument panel. The front door panels will have the mids and small subs (subs require custom fitting), and the tweeters will be installed in the sail panels (also custom depending on type of installation (surface or pod). At some point KW V1 suspension coilovers and Eibach F/R sway bars will be install along with SVT front brakes and custom rear disc brakes. There are a few more mods, but being a car audio forum, I may be boring you with the non-audio related stuff.

Am struggling with amplifier mounting location as I prefer a discrete appearance and under seat clearance is, IMO, insufficient. A false floor in the cargo area is something I may end up doing, incorporating the sub . Need to pick up all the wire and cable yet. So many options... as well as sound deadening materials.

2019 will be a built engine and built 5 speed transmission swap. Already have these parts, along with turbo kit. I would rather do the audio/interior first and enjoy it instead of the drive train swap. It is one or the other for this year, and audio/interior makes perfect sense to me to do first.

I joined up here as questions and opinions will be asked for. Look forward to posting up pics along the way!

The patient:
    Last edited by BigE; 04-01-2018 at 03:28 PM.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: 2001 Ford Focus Street Edition

My first CD player was a Sony Discman playing thru a cassette adapter of my Pontiac Grand Am. You'll find that most of us at CAJ are older and (somewhat) wiser.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    My first CD player was a Sony Discman playing thru a cassette adapter of my Pontiac Grand Am. You'll find that most of us at CAJ are older and (somewhat) wiser.

I, then, am in good company .

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

some of us started with 8 tracks...

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

What does SVT stand for ?
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    What does SVT stand for ?
    Special Vehicle Team. It was the precursor to Ford Performance.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by SublimeZ View Post
    some of us started with 8 tracks...
    My best friend back then had an older brother who had 8 tracks. Listened to a few. I never had equipment though.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    Special Vehicle Team. It was the precursor to Ford Performance.
    Just messin wit ya BigE

I drive a 1999 Ford Contour SVT with a 5 spd manual. I graduated from HS in 1976 . I listened to The Archies on 45's , Meet The Beatles on 33 1/3 lp , 8 track , 16 track , a recording of "Time" by The Chamber Brothers , that was played on a cassette deck in a car but had been recorded backwards off a Teac reel-to-reel .
    Last edited by Hic; 04-02-2018 at 03:32 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Howard
    Vehicle
    Gonzo the Yota 3.0

I competed with cassette tapes before most of us could afford CD players....

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    Just messin wit ya BigE

I drive a 1999 Ford Contour SVT with a 5 spd manual. I graduated from HS in 1976 . I listened to The Archies on 45's , Meet The Beatles on 33 1/3 lp , 8 track , 16 track , a recording of "Time" by The Chamber Brothers , that was played on a cassette deck in a car but had been recorded backwards off a Teac reel-to-reel .
    Ahh, CSVT. Nice.

You are ahead of me. Friend had a Teac reel-to-reel. Still have my Denon cassette deck.