Thread: Afghan Vet's 2013 GBS BRZ

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

Re: Afghan Vet's 2013 GBS BRZ

Sharing the love with the junkies!

Taking a short break from car audio related stuff in this thread. I thought I might share a few pics of a project my wife and I just finished (well, we hired folks to finish for us - I don't want to give the impression that we built this thing )

We have wanted a shed for a while, and we wanted it to be different from the 6'x8' cave we used to have at our old house. We went with a 12'x24' high ceiling shed that will have a few different uses. We will store stuff in it (obviously), but I want it to be a CrossFit gym (eventually), and it is a potting shed for my wife. On to the pics....

Humble beginnings......picking a spot

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

Tucked away in the trees - got the roof done

All built

Basically standing next to where the rack will be placed for bumper plates / bar

She is a bit off the ground in the back

The original plan was for my wife and I to paint it. While we were finishing up, the foreman offered a painting service on the side - worked out perfectly.

Base coat

With trim paint

We should start moving things in soon - organizing tools on the walls, getting the bits and pieces of the workout stuff in their corner, and loading up the lofts so there is less clutter on the floor. We will eventually run electrical to it......just need to check some things out about that. Thanks for looking.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Nice little space you've (she's) got there.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Wow, that's really nice Jay! Should make for a great workout and storage space

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

I have finally gotten my hard drive set up, and I've got some of Mark's photos in Picasa, so I'm ready to post up some updates. I'm going to start with the Tweets, Sub, Mid Bass, then Mid Range dash install.

A quick review of the 'story' of the tweets. I used the Morel MT23's for years, and I really liked them. They were originally installed in the car when I first bought the car. Mark B installed them in the pillars firing straight across the car, and they looked like they could be factory installed.

I had the opportunity to purchase the Thesis mid range drivers (through the generosity of a friend), and this led to the 'opportunity' to purchase the Audison tweets. It took about 2 seconds to realize that I wasn't going to be able to just put them in the same spot as the Morels. I also had the feeling that these tweets needed a bit of a custom pillar job.

I contacted Mark Worrell, and he got to work taking measurements, getting rings made, getting the final aiming done, and then finishing the pillars. Here are the pics from the build.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

7. Back To Top    #27
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

Here are the pictures of the pillar prep once the aiming was confirmed. This is the Gettin' It Done stage.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

Mark Loves to sand!

9. Back To Top    #29
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

In the car!

Parting shot

[QUOTE=bertholomey;2003554]Another update - basically a re-hash of the front sub install with a few more build pics.

You know me.....I have to 'explain' the decision for the change. I had the two 12's IB, and I liked the sound. I was testing out a sub, and I put it in the footwell. I finally re-wired things to run the front sub with the rear subs. I was enjoying this set up so much that I approached Mark about putting my Onyx 10" sub in the floorboard permanently. He worked hard to get it to work, but it was obvious that a shallow sub was going to be needed. Mark has worked with the JL TW3 10" sub in several installations, and the small enclosure requirements is a good 'fit' for the floorboard.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4