Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Afghan Vet's 2013 GBS BRZ

1. Back To Top    #91

Re: Afghan Vet's 2013 GBS BRZ

Interested to see how an A/B comparison of the same track- same bit rate from iPod through P99 and FiiO going digital. Blindfolded of course with someone else driving which is A and which is B.

2. Back To Top    #92
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by slade1274 View Post
    Interested to see how an A/B comparison of the same track- same bit rate from iPod through P99 and FiiO going digital. Blindfolded of course with someone else driving which is A and which is B.
    That would be a good experiment.

I've done it with same tracks on iPhone to 80PRS to Helix, then to HDMI to Toslink to Helix. It's pretty darn hard to say.. At one time I thought one was better than the other, but I really think it's track-dependent for one reason or another.. Might depend on the head unit's capabilities or the toslink converter etc. Plus the Apple adapter is doing some voodoo trickery as well.

Man I'm really digging that wrap.. That stuff is so great to work with too. I have to quit looking at cars done up in that stuff. There's a guy I pass every day with a shop. Just keep driving! Nothing to see here!
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

3. Back To Top    #93
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by slade1274 View Post
    So, the P99 is just a transport at this time? (not judging- I like it better than the old Macs that command more money for less functionality)
    I'm totally doing this as well. Two RCA's running full range to a Helix. Gets it done for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did