Thread: 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat - Focal, Morel, Audiofrog, Helix, Mosconi, ResoNix

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Nick

2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat - Focal, Morel, Audiofrog, Helix, Mosconi, ResoNix

Hey guys, we're back with another one. This time it's a build log for our very own member, "thedynoguy". We were tasked with overhauling the install up front, tuning, and potentially doing the trunk. He came to us with a Focal Utopia 2 way setup, but had us order the Utopia M 3.5" midrange to add. We will first be posting the video series, and then the photos. Here is part 1 for the videos. Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat - Focal, Morel, Audiofrog, Helix, Mosconi, ResoNix

Looks like a good setup.
    Morel Elate 6.5” 3 way or Focal Utopia 6.5” 3 way in your opinion?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Eric
    Vehicle
    2009 BMW 335i

Re: 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat - Focal, Morel, Audiofrog, Helix, Mosconi, ResoNix

Great stuff - love how you explain a lot of "why" in your videos. Looking forward to the next video already.

4. Back To Top    #4

Damn... I have always fought midrange output in my challenger after tuning. Time to cut that panel! I am very anxious to see what you came up with. Did you find any problem with the door panel being that it is of the same design??

5. Back To Top    #5
    Vehicle
    2016 Hellcat Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by Subydude81 View Post
    Looks like a good setup.
    I had the Elate's in the doors when I delivered the car to Nick. He played with both and settled on the Elates as well. I'm not going to step on his story anymore other than to say that the end results are nothing short of amazing...

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Subydude81 View Post
    Looks like a good setup.
    We ended up with the Morel Elate 6.5, Focal Uptopia M 3.5, and Focal Beryllium (non-M) tweeter. It's a damn good sounding setup

Quote Originally Posted by ejeffrey View Post
    Great stuff - love how you explain a lot of "why" in your videos. Looking forward to the next video already.
    Thank you. Thats part of why i'm making these, to show people what it really takes to build some great sounding cars for what you have to work with. Next video will be out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by brewmastr View Post
    Damn... I have always fought midrange output in my challenger after tuning. Time to cut that panel! I am very anxious to see what you came up with. Did you find any problem with the door panel being that it is of the same design??
    Yup, its due to the grill from what our measurements show. The midbass shouldnt be effected due to the wavelengths being so long and much less suseptible to being effected

Quote Originally Posted by thedynoguy View Post
    I had the Elate's in the doors when I delivered the car to Nick. He played with both and settled on the Elates as well. I'm not going to step on his story anymore other than to say that the end results are nothing short of amazing...
    Thank you for the kind words Tom! Glad you're liking it

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Subscribed. Looks good and interesting find on those speaker grills.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

8. Back To Top    #8
    Vehicle
    2018 Ford Mustang GT Base 6 speaker set-up

SkizeR,

The inner door panel was well covered and easy enough to see. How many tiles did you use on the inside of the outer door skin? Did you do anything special behind the speaker or inside the door cavity for backwaves?

Just curious, I've been reviewing the vehicle database on the resonix website trying to understand how much I may need for my build.

I went with the Morel Hybrid in my doors but eventaully hope to move them to the rear for fill and replace them with the Elate so I really curious to see how this all turns out with the Elate even if its a 3 way versus the 2 way I am starting with (note: my tweeter is the Elate MT350 tweeter)

Really looking forward to the rest of this build log.
    Last edited by MegaG; 01-18-2020 at 10:10 PM.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by MegaG View Post
    SkizeR,

The inner door panel was well covered and easy enough to see. How many tiles did you use on the inside of the outer door skin? Did you do anything special behind the speaker or inside the door cavity for backwaves?

Just curious, I've been reviewing the vehicle database on the resonix website trying to understand how much I may need for my build.

I went with the Morel Hybrid in my doors but eventaully hope to move them to the rear for fill and replace them with the Elate so I really curious to see how this all turns out with the Elate even if its a 3 way versus the 2 way I am starting with (note: my tweeter is the Elate MT350 tweeter)

Really looking forward to the rest of this build log.
    We used about 8 ResoNix Squares on the outer door skin. This will be added to the database soon

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Nick

Part 2 for the 2016 Dodge Hellcat is out! We managed to get this video finished late last night. This video gives you a first-hand look at our design and fabrication process on the custom dash grills as well as some of the trunk/subwoofer enclosure fabrication that we did for the Hellcat. Enjoy, and stay tuned for the final walkthrough video (yeah, we unfortunately didn't get much video of the trunk build. Sorry)..