Thread: Pioneer (or possibly Stephen Lewicki's) - 1994 Pontiac Trans Am - 1995 CA&E

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Pioneer (or possibly Stephen Lewicki's) - 1994 Pontiac Trans Am - 1995 CA&E

Miller, Terry A. "Demo Vehicles - Pioneer's Trans Am" Car Audio & Electronics September 1995: 142-143.

Last edited by Euphonic; 07-28-2018 at 08:38 AM.

2. Back To Top    #2

Exclamation Re: Pioneer - 1994 Pontiac Trans Am - 1995 CA&E

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonic View Post
    Miller, Terry "Demo Vehicles - Pioneer's Trans Am" Car Audio & Electronics September 1995: 142-143.
    I want to clarify a few things regarding this article and the install for anyone who might read this.

First, the story's title is completely incorrect and False. (That is a whole story in itself how that happened)

This was NOT "Pioneer's Demo Vehicle". This car was, and still is Privately Owned.

I was the owner, and I competed on the IASCA circuit with it. All components in the car were paid for by me and I received NO compensation from Pioneer.

Immediately after the install was completed, I started to complete with it. The install, my presentation and the car itself got the highest scores.
    The audio quality however was lacking and only got mediocre scores. After consulting with many experts in sound quality and many long hours of tuning, it was determined that the Pioneer speakers were holding the system back.

Back to the shop it went for a teardown. ALL of the Pioneer speaker components were removed!
    I went through SEVERAL "versions" of speaker selections over the next 6 months.

Finally with the help of many people out there to thank, I got the sound part of the system to be a top trophy winner.

Over 125 Sound Q trophies before I retired her and I myself became an IASCA Certified judge.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Pioneer - 1994 Pontiac Trans Am - 1995 CA&E

Thanks for the clarification, I hate to see people taken advantage of.

...and welcome to the loony bin

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Someone once said "If you think everything you read in the newspaper or magazines is true; wait until they write something about you"

Thanks for clarifying the article and welcome aboard Oldskool94
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Welcome!
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, I hate to see people taken advantage of.

...and welcome to the loony bin
    Thank you Al!

I have to say, being taken advantage of was only HALF of the problem for me after this issue was released.

It took quite a bit of time to get out from under of people thinking this was a manufacturer's car. I would go to long-distance shows where
    people/competitors didn't know me personally.
    I unfortunately found myself having to explain to people why I was competing in the "Amatuer" catagory and not the "Expert" category (which was the required category for manufacturers cars).
    I was put in a position of having to defend myself that I wasn't trying to pull a fast one or "cheating" the system

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    Someone once said "If you think everything you read in the newspaper or magazines is true; wait until they write something about you"

Thanks for clarifying the article and welcome aboard Oldskool94

The modern-day is "You can't believe everything you read or see on the internet".

This is proof that it started way back when there was print-only media!

8. Back To Top    #8
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Re: Pioneer (or possibly Stephen Lewicki's) - 1994 Pontiac Trans Am - 1995 CA&E

I should probably just ask for the correct name to put with the car instead of trying to figure it out on my own....