Thread: I'm thinking about working in car audio.

1. Back To Top    #1

I'm thinking about working in car audio.

Is there anything I should know? It'd be nice to work for a shop in the Atlanta area. And I'm curious what the hang ups might be in this industry?
    Just a bit of a background I almost entered the scuba diving industry, however a setback of working on an oil rig or working for nothing in the Bahamas left me not doing so.
    Anyways, really asking here. What are the biggest most annoying things?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Re: I'm thinking about working in car audio.

I don’t know anything about the market in the Atlanta area. I know the market that I work in is very slow compared to 25-30 years ago. If you like the work, awesome, but nobody would be wealthy doing it in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by punkrocker View Post
    What are the biggest most annoying things?
    The internet is the biggest, most annoying thing about working in the industry. Why?

Well, to start with, it makes it incredibly hard to make much money on product and still give customers top notch service. Most of the time, somebody on the internet will sell the same product cheaper.

The other problem the internet provides is misinformation. You can ask questions and find answers that you agree with. May not be the correct answer, but it’s the one you were looking for.
    Last edited by Euphonic; 02-15-2018 at 03:42 PM.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: I'm thinking about working in car audio.

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonic View Post
    I don’t know anything about the market in the Atlanta area. I know the market that I work in is very slow compared to 25-30 years ago. You can ask questions and find answers that you agree with. May not be the correct answer, but it’s the one you were looking for.
    Hope it works out for you!
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]