Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going from passive to active

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Going from passive to active

To go from a whisper to a shout, add a Zero.

100 W - 1,000 W
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Any improvement ?
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #13

Actually, I have not converted, yet. "Life" got in the way with some car malfunctions and I recently cracked a tooth which is going to require an implant...which is quite expensive. And, I am headed to Florida for a week's vacation. When I come back I plan on delving into it.

But, getting back to my original inquiry I was thinking that since each driver was getting it's own channel to receive power (instead of left front, right front, etc. getting a channel when running passive) that was why it may sound louder. I am running Morel components and while going passive the right front (tweeter and midbass) get power from one channel. And, obviously, the left front will get the same power. But, going active each midbass will get it's own channel and each tweeter will get it's own channel off the amp to receive power. This is why I was thinking it was going to sound louder.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Tweeters are `amplitude` dependant and cap from passive will provide additional protection , Time alignment yields minimal results on tweeters.
    Last edited by Hic; 03-13-2018 at 09:56 PM.