Page 69 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin's 2006 Civic Sedan

1. Back To Top    #681
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Re: Erin's 2006 Civic Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    Well, after a little over a month, the honeymoon period is over. The kicks are going to be re-done.

Sound wise they're great. And actually, the passenger side is fine. The driver's side enclosure is driving me insane, though, due to tactile. While some people at the NC meet didn't notice and some did, the bottom line is that I notice. Over the past couple weeks I've tried a few things to mitigate the vibration that you feel from simply having your feet on an enclosure. I've tried a litany of things and have decided that a rebuild is the only way to resolve that. And by 'rebuild' I mean... not what I have.

Queue up the "I told you so" comments from the peanut gallery... regardless, sometimes in this hobby you just have to try things and hope they work, but be prepared to scrap it if it doesn't. This is one of those cases.

So, I'm going to try something (a bit) unorthodox in car audio but something I've done before in the home and had good success with...
    This is where he removes the subs completely, and we find out that 2.5" AF's and Dayton tweeters can play the whole spectrum with authority. lol

Jay

2. Back To Top    #682
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

He puts bass shakers under the mats wired out-of-phase with the subs

3. Back To Top    #683

Ha! Worth a shot!

4. Back To Top    #684
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I don't know how much room you have left, but I was thinking you could made a false floorboard that's only attached at the edges by some Sorbothane bushings to kinda bridge the box http://www.amazon.com/Isolate-Sorbot...rds=sorbothane

5. Back To Top    #685

Yea. Unfortunately the sorbothane stuff just isn't what it should be. I've got some at the house if you wanna try it out sometime. I bought the duro 50 IIIRC in 2" round circles.

6. Back To Top    #686

I'll post what I plan to do. Not being secretive. Just need to upload the sims.

7. Back To Top    #687
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Just playing devils advocate here but would a longish sealed "tube" of sorts still qualify as airspace or no? Because if it were kosher, the air space could literally be piped somewhere other than floorboard.

Would be a shame to lose that airspace. They sound so damn good. Like stupid good.

PVC piping with a nipple on the end sealed extending up under dash or under seat maybe.

Although I did the math once and pipes don't have a lot of airspace. Might be worth the exercise plugging cylinder lengths and diameters into the12volt calculator and seeing what's possible.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

8. Back To Top    #688

I could. And I considered that before building the way they are now. I just couldn't see a feasible way to do it. That's a lot of airspace to make up.

Edit: Scott, get off the forum and get to work on your car!

9. Back To Top    #689
    Real Name
    Jose
    Vehicle
    VW Passat Wagon

Erin, a long time ago Mark E had done some pourable rubber or something like that. You try to ask him, I believe it was with his 4 Runner.

10. Back To Top    #690

I've tried a lot of things. From sorbothane to $130 vibration pads (think machine use) to 10 gauge steel plates (even sorbothane in between them). Ultimately I came to the conclusion that anything that would work to remedy the situation will not fix the root of the problem and it would also just make the floor taller. Neither of those are acceptable to me.