Page 53 of 120 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin's 2006 Civic Sedan

1. Back To Top    #521

Re: Erin's 2006 Civic Sedan

the power supply basically just powers the system. it can be used to charge back up the battery in a pinch (I've done it now and again over the years). but I think Chad was saying the better way to do that is to use the $20 (eBay price) iQ4.
    http://www.iotaengineering.com/iq.htm

2. Back To Top    #522
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Quote Originally Posted by erinh
    Well, there's DSP in the works and if it pans out then I'll be selling the Helix. Will post details once I get more info.

I hope you're referring to the new JL offering. Sounds very interesting to me.

Meanwhile back at the lodge....my Helix Director controller is bricked and needs replacement. After about a week and a half of back and forth troubleshooting steps, it looks like the Director simply locked up during a failed firmware update attempt. Bummer.
    I did switch from optical to an rca analog routing option and I'm back up and running and using the factory controls again. Forgot how nice that is. And it still sounds tits.

3. Back To Top    #523

Yep, the JL one.

4. Back To Top    #524
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    the power supply basically just powers the system. it can be used to charge back up the battery in a pinch (I've done it now and again over the years). but I think Chad was saying the better way to do that is to use the $20 (eBay price) iQ4.
    http://www.iotaengineering.com/iq.htm
    In that case, is the PS isolated from the battery when in use?

5. Back To Top    #525

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    In that case, is the PS isolated from the battery when in use?
    it is not. I don't know if this is a red flag for concern, if that's what you're getting to. I've pretty much always done this, though. when I've used it in the past the PS was hooked to an extension cable that was tied to the battery. the connection was made via anderson power pole connector.

6. Back To Top    #526

Pulled the passenger side enclosure and added some bracing. Wrapped it up in some spare grille cloth I had (pack-rat FTW) and then added layers of glass mat/cloth as I saw necessary. drying now, and once it dries up I'll cut out the hole for the woofer and add mat where needed.

first off, I built a work bench last week so I could have an area to work on. put some cardboard on it and stapled it in to place.

I forgot to take a picture of the 'final' bracing. I cut some pieces of MDF to cover the large gaps at the top. Saves me fiberglass.

The ugliness that is the 80% completed project:

7. Back To Top    #527

non-audio upgrade...

Every 8-10 months I was having to clean my headlights because, at 10 years old, this car's headlights are more like fog-lights. (tehehe)
    Rather than continuing to buy restorer, I picked up a set of (non OEM) replacements for a pretty decent price on eBay. They both showed up last night but one arrived damaged so I'm waiting to get it replaced. I won't put these on until I get the car put back together, but it will be a nice upgrade that will make the car look a bit nicer from the outside.

8. Back To Top    #528
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Wow...love the progress! The only reason I was asking about the PS was because I've had a similar idea for quite some time for use with the one I bought from you. I guess I need to fix that connector first

9. Back To Top    #529

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Wow...love the progress! The only reason I was asking about the PS was because I've had a similar idea for quite some time for use with the one I bought from you. I guess I need to fix that connector first
    gotcha. yea, how I use it is pretty much the same way everyone else does. you could probably get something like a rail-switch that would allow you to cut the connection between the system and the battery if it was a concern, but I don't think it is. yours should have the iq4 plug (looks like a telephone plug) on it if you wanted to go that route. but, I've been using the power supply the same way the last 5 years without an issue.

thanks!

10. Back To Top    #530
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    non-audio upgrade...

Every 8-10 months I was having to clean my headlights because, at 10 years old, this car's headlights are more like fog-lights. (tehehe)
    Rather than continuing to buy restorer, I picked up a set of (non OEM) replacements for a pretty decent price on eBay. They both showed up last night but one arrived damaged so I'm waiting to get it replaced. I won't put these on until I get the car put back together, but it will be a nice upgrade that will make the car look a bit nicer from the outside.

Yeah our old girls are getting some age on em for sure. My 08 is lookin rooooooooooooough

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did