17 Spark

Re: Erin's 2006 Civic Sedan

People like you remind me I'm stupid :wacko:

2. Back To Top    #32
    Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    I never really have. Honestly, as cool as it would be to see, there's not a whole lot I could do with it since I couldn't drive the car like that. And I've already go semi-anechoic measurements of my speakers so there's that.
    Not sure about Meca but you can compete with the foam in IASCA. Just wanted to say I was bummed to see you pull the scans, was hoping to get a demo at finals/
    But now I am equally excited to hear the kef's in the pillars if possible.
    Last edited by Fiend; 08-16-2013 at 02:41 PM.

3. Back To Top    #33
    Real Name
    Stu
    Vehicle
    '02 Honda Accord

Erin's 2006 Civic Sedan

Sometimes I'm read these techy type threads and get confused about much of the technical jargon. Then I dig a little deeper and realize the theories and practices are ones I've used or been aware of already. People like Erin and Chad talk the lingo fluently. I'm not claiming that I'm on the same level as you Erin, I can't wait to hear your system. Just many times a theory I've read up on and studied and even implemented in my install can sound very much over my head just because of the technical vernacular you guys use to describe it. Which is probably indicative of a deeper understanding of the acoustics at play. But much (not all) of what has been mentioned in this thread has been considered in my own install. Now whether it not I have been successful at the application or not I don't know. But aside from a few short comings I'm happy. I don't feel I have many if the problems I hear people talking about. But then again, after this fall I may drive back home to LA heart broken.

Sent from my Springfield XD with love!

4. Back To Top    #34

new toy: Helix DSP

I was pleasantly surprised at the compact size. makes it easier to store in the console area.

5. Back To Top    #35
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I this better than the C-DSP and P-DSP, or just newer?

6. Back To Top    #36

I honestly don't know for certain. My understanding is its pretty much the replacement for the pdsp but may as well be for the cdsp since they're supposed to be rebranded through the Brax side of the house. But again, that's just here say. I really don't know.

What I do know is spec wise, this is much too close to the cdsp for me to pay the additional cost. I get pretty much all the features I need without the additional $400-500 price tag (MSRP). The cool thing is this piece actually has phase adjustment on the sub in 22.5 degree increments and still hosts a plethora of other tuning features. Whereas the behringer (which ALWAYS gets brought up when someone says phase adjustment) is limited by memory. You just can't do as much with it. The zapco dsp8 has 15 deg increments but doesn't offer as many bands of EQ and I am not a fan if that GUI by any means. Just depends on your likes and needs. Different strokes for different folks.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

7. Back To Top    #37
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

I don't remember the behringer having a phase adjustment..... I cold be on crack but IIRC I was doing this with out of band filters....

8. Back To Top    #38

Is this just for testin', or is it going in?

9. Back To Top    #39

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    I don't remember the behringer having a phase adjustment..... I cold be on crack but IIRC I was doing this with out of band filters....
    Dcx does. That's why I bought it a couple years back. But it's limited abilities when using those resources (ie; processing power) is why I dumped it.

Follow my blog:

10. Back To Top    #40

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    Is this just for testin', or is it going in?
    Assuming there are no issues it's going in. Ill discuss why when I get a chance.

Follow my blog: