Page 118 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1191

Thread: Erin's 2006 Civic Sedan

1. Back To Top    #1171

Re: Erin's 2006 Civic Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    I've had mine since 04, I also have a second vehicle so when I get bored driving the car I drive the truck for a while. Seems to work out allright as it prevents me from having a car payment.
    yea. the second car would definitely help me from getting 'tired' of mine.

every once in a blue moon I drive my wife's Accord to work and it spoils me.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

2. Back To Top    #1172
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    every once in a blue moon I drive my wife's Accord to work and it spoils me.
    I drive our F-150 to the dump every couple weeks, always happy to be back in my car after that. The dog rides in the truck, it's full of dog hair, the seats are split and the rear window leaks!! That's the kind of thing you need to keep the Civic enjoyable.

I do get a kick out of driving the truck as well though, nothing like it back in the UK, so it definitely has its charm.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

3. Back To Top    #1173
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by naiku View Post
    I do get a kick out of driving the truck as well though, nothing like it back in the UK, so it definitely has its charm.
    Wait...you're from the UK? Well that explains the funny accent

Erin, I understand the desire to just have something new. I've had my Explorer for a year and a half now, and as much as I love the improvements over the Honda Element, I sure do regret the monthly payment (it's about the same as my mortgage). At least I have the comfort of knowing the payments will end in a few more years

4. Back To Top    #1174

Last week I was scrolling through old build logs and viewing those scanned car audio magazine interviews thinking to myself “man, I wish we had videos of this stuff”. That way you could really get an idea of what the owner is thinking and how the whole system is integrated. Pictures are great but a video – at least in my opinion – is even better.

I mentioned this to a few friends and said I would like to do this at events such as comps and meets. Start posting video interviews with folks as they walk through their car install and get their input on various things from why they chose the gear they chose to what they like most about their system and things they’d like to work on.

“You have to start somewhere”, right? Figured I might as well be my own guinea pig here. Therefore, what you see below is my first attempt at doing something like this.

This was recorded with my iPhone and an external lapel mic. I think it turned out OK. It's not quite as polished as I'd like. But I think it's good for a first take, off the cuff. Trying to fill in dead space myself... kind of tough to do. If this is something people enjoy then I'll carry forward but I didn't want to sink a lot of time/money in to this just yet.

Here we go…

Last edited by erinh; 05-25-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Follow my blog:

5. Back To Top    #1175
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Excellent video. You might want to get a handheld floodlight of some sort if you plan on doing future videos.

or maybe something like this https://www.amazon.com/Ocathnon-Ligh.../dp/B0144OGZ42

6. Back To Top    #1176

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip.

Follow my blog:

7. Back To Top    #1177
    Real Name
    Michael Myers
    Vehicle
    2016 Scion im

Erin, I think that is a great idea! It lets you get to know the person behind the car as well. I look forward to updates on this idea. I volunteer if you see me at an event.

8. Back To Top    #1178

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Myers View Post
    Erin, I think that is a great idea! It lets you get to know the person behind the car as well. I look forward to updates on this idea. I volunteer if you see me at an event.

Done! The Vinny was the next show I had planned to attend so maybe we can do it there?

Follow my blog:

9. Back To Top    #1179

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    Well, in all my years of doing this stuff I've never said "I'm done" because I know better. But here it goes: The Civic is done.

Follow my blog:

10. Back To Top    #1180
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Last pic'y no worky..
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did