Thread: Erin's 2006 Civic Sedan

1. Back To Top    #1161
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Re: Erin's 2006 Civic Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    Yea... but falling is never graceful. Falling always makes you question everything you thought you knew about time and gravity. Time slows down and you have no freaking idea where you're going to land. lol

I'm 34.
    But don't you just love it when you somehow fall in style like you intended it to be a crazy stunt?

Day after Thanksgiving one year me and a good buddy from work were climbing the "mountain" (Pinnacle Mountain) and we had just has some hard rain. All of us were slipping on the leaves. On the way down I slip and end up doing two front flips while curled up in a ball down the side of the mountain. My buddy is pulling his phone out of his pocket to dial 911 because he knows it's gonna be bad. I could have easily gone over the side into no man's land. My chest hits a puddle of COLD water in a rock, I spring up, and look back at my buddy like as if I were saying "whatchu waitin' for?" You could have heard a pin drop in those woods as everyone's jaw hit the ground. Not getting hurt was more than just luck. That much I believe. And for a good laugh picture a 5-7 250lb guy rolling down a mountain in a ball.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

2. Back To Top    #1162
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

I turn 50 in October, and I'm hoping for Life Alert for my birthday, lol. I sat my garage floor to sound deaden my door, and it took me a minute stand up. Too many years of football, bad knees, and abusing my body. If you become complacent after 40, your body will quickly turn against you!

Great to see you staying active for yourself, and your family's sake!
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

3. Back To Top    #1163
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
    If you become complacent after 40, your body will quickly turn against you!
    It took two good warning shots for me to realize that.

4. Back To Top    #1164

I'm 46, half crippled, and overweight. I know exactly where you guys are coming from! Down 65lbs in the last 4 months. Great for me (yay me! LOL)
    But, even still I am feeling "it" (old age creepin' in).
    Like beak81champ, I don't just pop up or down when working on things like I did even just 10 years ago.

Cool to see you on the bike erin! Dangerous/risky? Maybe. But, barring injuries, it will help keep you young.

5. Back To Top    #1165

So far it's been just over a month since I claimed I was "done". I started a new job last week. In my line of work the first few weeks are typically painfully mind-numbing sitting and waiting. The old "idle hands" quote comes to mind here and it has led my mind to come up with all sorts of things I still want to try. In that time I've thought of no less than 5 different system changes. Some justifiable; most totally just because. Some are pretty neat, some are "wonder how this would work". Got some good ones on the stove but I'm letting them simmer.

The key here is: I haven't changed anything. Does this mean I'm on my road to sobriety? Probably not... but one month down is nice. Gotta take this disease one day at a time.

I need a one-month chip.

In other news: I took Lindsey's Accord to the Honda dealership to get some work done a few weeks ago. While there I walked around the lot to look at the new vehicles. Spoke with one of the salesmen there and mentioned the civic and how I was looking forward to getting a new car in the coming years. He laughed and said he has a lot of people who trade in their Hondas at around 250k because they're just tired of driving them anymore and I said I seem to be on track for that. The civic has been good to me but man, I'm just so tired of driving it. I've had her for 11 years now and I'm getting cabin fever! Some of you guys with multiple vehicles or that change out cars every 3-5 years may not understand but it's real. I assure you. I may go through gear but that's only because I don't go through cars. LOL. Maybe in the next couple years I'll be shopping for something new (to me, at least). Definitely have already started thinking of the various install ideas.

/brain dump
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

6. Back To Top    #1166
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

So far it's been just over a month since I claimed I was "done". I started a new job last week. In my line of work the first few weeks are typically painfully mind-numbing sitting and waiting. The old "idle hands" quote comes to mind here and it has led my mind to come up with all sorts of things I still want to try. In that time I've thought of no less than 5 different system changes. Some justifiable; most totally just because. Some are pretty neat, some are "wonder how this would work". Got some good ones on the stove but I'm letting them simmer.

The key here is: I haven't changed anything. Does this mean I'm on my road to sobriety? Probably not... but one month down is nice. Gotta take this disease one day at a time.

I need a one-month chip.

In other news: I took Lindsey's Accord to the Honda dealership to get some work done a few weeks ago. While there I walked around the lot to look at the new vehicles. Spoke with one of the salesmen there and mentioned the civic and how I was looking forward to getting a new car in the coming years. He laughed and said he has a lot of people who trade in their Hondas at around 250k because they're just tired of driving them anymore and I said I seem to be on track for that. The civic has been good to me but man, I'm just so tired of driving it. I've had her for 11 years now and I'm getting cabin fever! Some of you guys with multiple vehicles or that change out cars every 3-5 years may not understand but it's real. I assure you. I may go through gear but that's only because I don't go through cars. LOL. Maybe in the next couple years I'll be shopping for something new (to me, at least). Definitely have already started thinking of the various install ideas.

/brain dump
    Just swap out all the interior to black! Seats, headliner, carpet, panels, everything.. Bam!! New car!
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

7. Back To Top    #1167

No, no. That's not quite the change I'm looking for here. lol

Follow my blog:

8. Back To Top    #1168
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

The civic has been good to me but man, I'm just so tired of driving it. I've had her for 11 years now and I'm getting cabin fever! Some of you guys with multiple vehicles or that change out cars every 3-5 years may not understand but it's real. I assure you.
    I have had my car about 8 years now, but it is 100% real! There are times I just get bored of it, but then realize it's paid off. John wants it as his first car, so I figure in 3-4 years time I will be really sick of it and can pass it down to him and go shopping for something new.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

9. Back To Top    #1169

Yea, that's the great thing.... it's paid for. And when something happens to it like a ding or a dent it's OK. That extra $300/month goes a long way in to a college fund, too. So I just keep going along in ol' faithful.

Follow my blog:

10. Back To Top    #1170
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

The civic has been good to me but man, I'm just so tired of driving it. I've had her for 11 years now and I'm getting cabin fever! Some of you guys with multiple vehicles or that change out cars every 3-5 years may not understand but it's real. I assure you. I may go through gear but that's only because I don't go through cars. LOL. Maybe in the next couple years I'll be shopping for something new (to me, at least). Definitely have already started thinking of the various install ideas.

/brain dump
    I've had mine since 04, I also have a second vehicle so when I get bored driving the car I drive the truck for a while. Seems to work out allright as it prevents me from having a car payment.