Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Accord build log - KISS?

1. Back To Top    #31
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Re: 2006 Accord build log - KISS?

Door panels look good. One little trick I learned is to remove the door clips from the card, put a single piece of tesa tape around the cradle that holds each clip, and them snap the clip back in place. Prevents the possibility of the clips rattling around in their cradles.

2. Back To Top    #32

been a few weeks since I have updated, but finally have some progress to post! I finally got some decent weather on a day I had off, so Saturday I started pulling the interior out to do MLV and wire runs. I managed to get everything out and start laying MLV on Saturday and had to wrap it up at sundown. I took today off from work to get it finished up. Was able to get the MLV down, run speaker wire runs (biwire knukoncepts), power wire, RCA, DSP power wire, high level input wire and remote. This car surprisingly has a lot of dense padding on the carpet and rear wheel wells but I was able to run everything fairly easily with no fitment issues. I didnt take a ton of pic because weve all gone through the joys of doing this part

trunk area

the biwire speaker wire with the outer protective sleeve is larger than the damn 4 gauge power wire. THe plan is to drop the wire size to run to the doors(will be paying someone to do this...lol)

good ole MLV

right rear of trunk where I will be mounting the amps

carpet back in, dsp will be tucked under the passenger seat.

I put close to 8 hours in on all of this. Glad it is out of the way. Hoping to have a few more things done soon.

Still waiting on the Helix stuff to arrive

I also decided to get new sails made since the TSX ones did not fit to my satisfaction. They are in process and I suspect theyll be done this week.

Once they are done I am having the fab guy do some glassed rings and mount my mids.

3. Back To Top    #33

Package arrived today! 2 Zapco ST-4x SQ and Audible Physics Ram 6A. Decided I wanted to give AP mids a shot with the matching wideband drivers. The amps will be bridged for 190x2 to drive the front stage. Hoping to get the door wire and rings done in the next week or two!

4. Back To Top    #34
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Whoa, more Zapcos... you gonna be using 5 Zapco amps? What's that... like 20ch of amplification?

Those Audible Physics drivers are quite the eye candy Hopefully I'll get to hear a set of these soon.

5. Back To Top    #35

Quote Originally Posted by Truthunter View Post
    Whoa, more Zapcos... you gonna be using 5 Zapco amps? What's that... like 20ch of amplification?

Those Audible Physics drivers are quite the eye candy Hopefully I'll get to hear a set of these soon.

LOL nah only 3 zapcos. I figured the 5ch per side were going to be overkill. I sold them for 350 for the pair and picked up two brand new 4ch SQ versions (better op amps and caps) for 300 shipped so no loss in $$, possibly (maybe???) better "SQ" and they are definitely smaller. Didnt see any downside to it honestly.

I agree that AP makes some great looking drivers. I have high expectations for these. I got FR graph on the mid bass with them and they look very promising.

6. Back To Top    #36

Finally!! Hoping it will be downhill on this install from here I dropped my car off on Tuesday at the shop that the fab guy I found works at. He has had my sails for a few weeks and I decided to go ahead and have him run two pairs of wire into my doors (as Ive said, this is absolutely my least favorite part of any install) and in addition, Ive never messed with running 4 wires through a molex plug (driver side has one).

What I did not expect was for him him to have my speaker rings done as well! They are MDF and have been sprayed and glassed so they wont rot. I almost didnt thing the door panels would fit with them, but they sure as hell do. They are 1" depth and he sanded them to match the uneven mounting surface of the door.

I took it a step further and used some SDS butyl rope around the interior of the ring to sheetmetal mounting to help seal it, decouple it, and it also covered any sharp edges of the cut door sheetmetal. All in all was worth the 5 minutes per door.

I ended up using about 3/4 of a tile of SDS CLD per ring. Just wanted to add additional mass to them and make them "one" with the sheet metal. After that, I applied RAAMat CCF to the back of the grill mounts that came with the AP RAM 6A mid bass. Its easy and it may help decouple, plus doing it on the grill ring keeps the driver looking better if its removed.

After this, I threw the door cards back on and confirmed they still fit perfect! I went to the hardware store and got some screws that would work well with the RAM 2A mounting to the sails. I soldered some wire to them (will need to get some connectors later) and put them in. The sails are between on axis and 15* which is great

I have a Helix DSP.2, HEC USB, and Director on the way. I am very hopeful that I should have this thing ready for the NCSQ spring meet!

sails before paint

mid bass ring for the door

installed

CCF on the back of the grill mounting ring and wiring hooked up on the mid bass

RAM 6A installed with the additional CLD

7. Back To Top    #37

the sails are open/vented so I put a small piece of SDS foam on the opening to try and help with backwaves

driver side from driving/listening position (finish is a little glossy buy an easy fix if it starts to bother me)

door open just showing the shape/contour of the sail build. dont mind my 25 year old show civic in the background lol

passenger side from listening position

all in all, very happy with how this has come out so far. Im going to make a rack for the amps just so I can get them in and set and will worry about making it and my sub box look good later.

8. Back To Top    #38
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Wow, those turned out great!

9. Back To Top    #39

thanks sir, very happy with them as well as what I paid

10. Back To Top    #40

Finally got the last few pieces to the puzzle! Hoping to throw it in this week or weekend and get at least a base tune on it