Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Accord build log - KISS?

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: 2006 Accord build log - KISS?

Another update! Mic came to a show here in Greensboro today and I met up with him to check out the sail pods. We compared my 06 Honda Accord sails to the modified ones for the TSX. They are the same physically but there are some minor differences on the inside. After looking at both, I am 99% sure it is something I can handle like a hack and make work lol. The snap tab is in the same spot which is the most important thing. I can work around everything else.

Appreciate the hook up on them Mic, they are definitely going to save me time and money! Also, I was able to briefly demo Mic's car while I was there and I have to say that it is the best system I have listened to without a dedicated midrange. The fullness of sound at eye level was very impressive and the clarity was great!

pic of sails:

The weather today is amazing compared to what it has been (we got 8" of snow this week) and tomorrow it is going to be 60* and sunny. I am going to start on treating the doors to prepare them for the tm65 mkII

2. Back To Top    #22

was able to put some time in this weekend to get the doors started. Decided to go with the passenger door first and was pretty happy with how easily the weather barrier came out and how cleanly the adhesive came off

I usually go fairly heavy on the CLD even though it may not be absolutely necessary.

good inside coverage as well

through some SDS butyl rope between outer skin and crash beams. I have had this roll about two years. It smells like raisins and was dry on the outside, but after rolling it around it got super stick again and worked great

door cards got tlc as well

removed oem padding and laid some cld. The red spots are double sided tape. Was going to attempt reusing the oem padding but it was a no go so I started laying some Raamat adhesive backed CCF

C

3. Back To Top    #23

and not to bore you but here is the drivers side

I need to order some more CCF and will probably end up doing a bit more work to them when the time comes.

My Blue Jean RCA cables arrived today as well. They were pretty reasonably priced and look extremely well built. Used my dads label maker to mark the mid bass and wide band. Decided to go with TW for wide band simply because MB and WB look too similar when youre in tight quarters lol.

I have kept my custom fabbed stuff from my 4 door civic and decided to see how the box fits in the trunk of the accord. Its not perfect but its pretty damn close. I think with a new face piece it will be great. Ive been planning a second mkIV anyway so this could work out very well.

And lastly, Ive decided on my plan for amps. Mike (Velozicty) posted his current amps for sale. I ended up picking up all three and they should be here later this week. 2 Zapco Studio ST-5X II and a ST-1350XM II

(his pic)

The plan is to use one 5ch per side for front stage. Will be bridging the "front" channels to give 300 wpc to each wide band and mid bass. Ill keep the 5th channel open, which also happens to be full range AB in case I decide to go with a tweeter, as it can provide 200 rms at 4 ohm. The sub amp will power 2 MkIV at 1ohm. It is D class and 85% efficient so that will work great. After talking with Mike, Im probably going to do Y splitters to feed signal on both RCA inputs for each channel. He was able to keep gains minimal. Should definitely help with a low noise floor

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Nice progress

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

I heeeeaaaaard it through the grapevine, roll that butyl and it sticks fine... oooooooh

YOU got the Zapcos! Oh that is going to be so very very sweet.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

6. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Nice progress

I just installed a set of TM65mkII in my brother-in-laws Escape doors and he is very happy with them.

Question: Is there a reason behind removing the factory cotton batting insulation on the rear of the door panel and replacing it with ccf?

7. Back To Top    #27
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

It's your call , if you are happy with the "sound" ? No need
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

8. Back To Top    #28

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    I heeeeaaaaard it through the grapevine, roll that butyl and it sticks fine... oooooooh

YOU got the Zapcos! Oh that is going to be so very very sweet.
    dude I was about to drop big coin on some lx or ap but damn...im going to have 300wpc class ab on my mid bass, wide bands and 1350 watts class d on my subs for dirt cheap!! Cant be mad about it

Quote Originally Posted by Truthunter View Post
    Nice progress

I just installed a set of TM65mkII in my brother-in-laws Escape doors and he is very happy with them.

Question: Is there a reason behind removing the factory cotton batting insulation on the rear of the door panel and replacing it with ccf?
    glad he is happy with them! I hooked one up and they blow on factory hu power which is expected lol. The only reason I removed the oem padding is it is melted or hot glued on stock. I needed to remove it to deaden the panels and when I tried to double sided tap the padding back down...it wasnt having it. It actually seems very nice as was effective (I have more buzzing now since I havent done enough ccf)

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    It's your call , if you are happy with the "sound" ? No need
    i hope I will be...so enough

9. Back To Top    #29

A few more things arrived in the mail over the last few days. I put a WTB up for a second BM MKIV and ended up getting one from Mark at Melodic Acoustic for a good deal. I am 99% sure I can reuse the box I had made for my civic and it was an easy decision after test fitting it.

Knukonceptz delivery came. 4 awg power wire, some crimp terminals, mini inline fuse holder and karma ss 12 awg bi-wire. Plan on the bi wire is to run it to the front and use connectors before routing into the door. Drivers door has a molex plug and thing some smaller gauge will be easier to route and shouldnt affect much at a short length. The bi bi-wire is as big or slightly larger OD than the 4 awg power wire but only having to lay one run per side will be convenient.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4720/25086734197_e0c4493daa_k.jpg[/img]

Lastly, my amps arrived from Mike. They look great! pretty compact for full class AB and are going to give me more power and flexibility than Ill need.

hopefully I have some updates besides parts in the near future. I found a local fab guy that I most likely will use for a few things to make my life easier lolA few more things arrived in the mail over the last few days. I put a WTB up for a second BM MKIV and ended up getting one from Mark at Melodic Acoustic for a good deal. I am 99% sure I can reuse the box I had made for my civic and it was an easy decision after test fitting it.

Knukonceptz delivery came. 4 awg power wire, some crimp terminals, mini inline fuse holder and karma ss 12 awg bi-wire. Plan on the bi wire is to run it to the front and use connectors before routing into the door. Drivers door has a molex plug and thing some smaller gauge will be easier to route and shouldnt affect much at a short length. The bi bi-wire is as big or slightly larger OD than the 4 awg power wire but only having to lay one run per side will be convenient.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4720/25086734197_e0c4493daa_k.jpg[/img]

Lastly, my amps arrived from Mike. They look great! pretty compact for full class AB and are going to give me more power and flexibility than Ill need.

hopefully I have some updates besides parts in the near future. I found a local fab guy that I most likely will use for a few things to make my life easier lol

10. Back To Top    #30

My SDS and raamaudio orders both came in so I spent a little more time on the doors.

I had reordered the tesa tape and wrapped all harness wires on the doors in it. (no pics sorry). This stuff is nice! Easy to work with and definitely will add another barrier to prevent buzzes and rattles.

I cut the surrounding plastic away from the grills on the door cards so that there wont be any contact with the TM65 mkii. I ripped out the styrofoam pieces so that I could add more CLD and lay the Hydrophobic Melamine Foam (HMF). I ended up using a 4x4 sheet on each door card. Im hoping that I have enough room to put a layer of MLV in at some point as well. Also added CCF where I left off on the driver door. Used it in tight quarter where the door card almost rests against the metal and used the HMF where there was gaps/depth that needed to be filled.