Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How bad could they be?

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: How bad could they be?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk Fan View Post
    What is the rest of your system? But, if you ideally want to keep the cost down as much as possible, just keep and use the Arc XDi1200.6 amps you have (how many of these do you have?). You bridge those two sub channels and you get 600 watts. The amp does rated plus. Besides, most of the music you listen to comes from the front stage, not the sub. And, you're getting 150 watts per channel for your mids and highs (if going active). That Arc amp is a high-end amp. You'd be downgrading (from what you are looking at) if you switched out from the Arc.
    Haven't completely decided on the rest of the system. I have a pair of JBL 2123's that I need to make enclosures for on the doors but will probably make them so the baffle can be replaced so it's easy to swap them for something else if I want. Then I have full size horns under the dash which may go away in favor of some Stage Accompany SA8535 ribbons if I can find a pair or maybe a pair of Beyma TPL-150's if not but my ultimate goal is to find a the drivers and horns from a pair of these to put in front.
    http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Ver...ies/VT4887.pdf

But whatever I end up with the sub will need lots of power to keep up.
    Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Ohhhhh! For some reason, thought it was a pair. Now that changes things.
    If I could find a second for the price I got the one I have I would be running 2 but most of the ones I see for sale are $800-$1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphonic View Post
    Impedance matching transformer?
    I remember Stinger and Veritas had those a long time ago but from what I remember all of the reviews I saw weren't very positive. Does anyone still make them? Either way I need to buy an amp anyways so I'd prefer to just find one that will work. So far the SS Al posted looks like my best option as I should be able to get a pair for $400 or so.
    Last edited by ca90ss; 01-08-2018 at 09:04 PM.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Quote Originally Posted by ca90ss View Post
    I remember Stinger and Veritas had those a long time ago but from what I remember all of the reviews I saw weren't very positive. Does anyone still make them? Either way I need to buy an amp anyways so I'd prefer to just find one that will work. So far the SS Al posted looks like my best option as I should be able to get a pair for $400 or so.
    I'm not sure if anyone still makes them. I don't remember reading any reviews on them, but I'm sure I can find a review somewhere if I start looking. David Navone used the Veritas ones in his Thunderbird, so they must not have had too much of an adverse effect on sound quality. I just figured they didn't go over well because they were $200ish each.

In answer to your original question, my opinion on amplifier power has always been fuse rating times 12. The Planet Audio amplifier is fused at 120A (even though the manual says 105A) so I would consider it to be a 1440 watt amp at 1 ohm. Divide by 5.3 for an 8 ohm rating of 270ish watts.

Again, this is just my guess and I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Euphonic; 01-09-2018 at 07:51 PM.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

That's the one Al ! It fills the bill on size and everthing ! If they are 'strapable'?
    http://www.woofersetc.com/c-3-amplif...amplifier.html
    Last edited by Hic; 01-10-2018 at 10:00 PM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #14
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Sometimes when you dig, you find some fossils.