Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything else.

1. Back To Top    #81

Re: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything e

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    A fan might help and EWP on mounting (rubber on bottom to minimize vibrations )Copper is a better conductor, good call.
    What is EWP? I tried to find a mounting rubber thing but failed and am curious as it would defiantly help.

2. Back To Top    #82
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything e

"easiest way possible" and a piece of rubber, mat, tire tube, shoe sole , et cetera
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #83

Soooooo I found my mid range drivers and tweeters. I never went for an active setup as that would require a DSP which I don't think is necessary at the price range that I listen too. Morel Maximo 6 components up front and Morel Maximo co-axials for real fill.

But you know I do have some more questions and running a few things by you guys
    What Size hurricane Nuts should I purchase for a 3/4" MDF front panel for the Sundown SD3 D2? If I was to use the screws that came with it, and not need to take the subwoofer off of the MDF once screwed in would this give me a tighter seal with the supplied screws or should I use Hurricane Nuts for a better seal?
    When setting gains, I plan on using various 0DB sine sweeps from http://www.realmofexcursion.com/downloads.htm And on my two amplifiers it gives gain as a "voltage" Would 0.2 or 9 be a starting point?
    Is there a place to buy a light grey carpet that will completely match my interior? 2010 Tacoma Double Cab.
    Has anyone seen a car computer and decided that yes, it is actually more impressive than any head unit on the market both aesthetically of the software and tuning options available?

Most importantly as it has to do with box building is that the Sundown sd3 d2 needs to be tuned to 32hz, does this refer to how I should build a box or do I just adjust the knob on my "Bass expander equalizer"
    Last edited by punkrocker; 03-08-2018 at 06:05 AM.

4. Back To Top    #84
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

If you do not intend to remove sub, silicone will give a great seal, wood screws will work.

32 hZ will be determined by port (size & length , size of box,

At a Tacoma site, someone will have bought carpet that matches.

0.2 is lower setting, use for starting point.

Signal control or DSP will allow for `band passing` your rear fill and eq_ing front speakers/cross over options/Time alignment
    Last edited by Hic; 03-08-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

5. Back To Top    #85
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Quote Originally Posted by punkrocker View Post
    Soooooo I found my mid range drivers and tweeters. I never went for an active setup as that would require a DSP which I don't think is necessary at the price range that I listen too. Morel Maximo 6 components up front and Morel Maximo co-axials for real fill.
    Good choice... much more realistic and reasonable then the 16 midbass drivers you were talking about earlier

When setting gains, I plan on using various 0DB sine sweeps from http://www.realmofexcursion.com/downloads.htm And on my two amplifiers it gives gain as a "voltage" Would 0.2 or 9 be a starting point?
    You'll want to start with the highest input voltage setting which usually is the furthest counter-clockwise on the gain knob.

Is there a place to buy a light grey carpet that will completely match my interior? 2010 Tacoma Double Cab.
    PartsExpress has a good selection of carpet

Has anyone seen a car computer and decided that yes, it is actually more impressive than any head unit on the market both aesthetically of the software and tuning options available?
    Aesthetically, I prefer a conventional head-unit. Most of them today have built in DSP ability which will satisfy most listeners if used correctly (which is the most important part).

And again, you said above :
    I never went for an active setup as that would require a DSP which I don't think is necessary at the price range that I listen too.
    With that, I think the DSP built into a conventional head-unit would be plenty for what you are trying to accomplish and likely be a good start as far as learning how to use it.

Most importantly as it has to do with box building is that the Sundown sd3 d2 needs to be tuned to 32hz, does this refer to how I should build a box or do I just adjust the knob on my "Bass expander equalizer"
    32hz is what the box design is tuned for. You'll need to read up on designing subwoofer boxes.

What is this "Bass expander equalizer" you have?

6. Back To Top    #86
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

7. Back To Top    #87
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

8. Back To Top    #88
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

http://www.caraudiojunkies.com/showt...s-by-frequency

Longer the frequency ( lower the note >>> " MO POWA" !

Below 80 hZ you should not be able to locate where sound comes from , omnidirectional.
    Last edited by Hic; 03-13-2018 at 10:02 PM.

9. Back To Top    #89
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

So where did you hear "over-powering bass/midbass ? A concert recital, someones home system ?

10. Back To Top    #90
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Also need suggestions on silk dome tweeters. Not sure how many tweeters I plan on buying. Apparently silk dome are the best sounding, can anyone argue against?
    RAAL ribbons