Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything else.

1. Back To Top    #101

Re: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything e

Okay so I have a few questions.
    1) If I have a subwoofer, regardless of the install, and it could play midbass frequencies how well would that work compared to having a separate subwoofer and midbass?
    2) Does anyone have suggestions for a midbass that could handle 400W @2ohm x 4? It's what I could do with my hifonics amplifier, so it'd be nice to have a midbass option that I could double down on if 200W @ 4ohm isn't cutting it.
    3) Does anyone have a suggestions for another 4 channel? 6 channel? or 8 channel? I'm guessing I would have to work with two four channels. It would be powering a 3 way running active up front, and I could build a 2 way for the rear. Or just stick to co-axials. However, I'm all about leaving room for the possibility of upgrades which is why I went overboard with the amplifiers.
    4) Is there anything nicer than the sundown sd3 d2? SQ is a must. For sub, and sq is a must.
    5) Is there anything nicer than the neopro v3's? For midbass. SQ is a must.
    6) Does the minidsp offer rear fill?
    7) For tweeter protection if I went active would using supplied crossovers just for the tweeters be a good idea?
    8) How does a regular crossover work when splitting power? I'm curious as I'd probably start going active with morel maximo 6 2-way up front and co-axials in the rear and am unsure of how much power to deliver to them.
    9) I'm pretty sold on a head unit: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-k4XSbM...-DDX6904S.html how reliable are kenwoods? (I do know kenwood component speakers are reliable, as I'm taking four out!
    10) And I'm still curious about car computers or is that just an old fad? I can't find much of a guide on that Idea for a head unit. I've just always been an alpine guy myself.) However if anyone does know anything about car computers or could point me in the right forum or direction I'd be sooo happy. One question is do they have apple car play? And would it be just uploading software and buying a bluetooth module, a motherboard, a screen, etc... and what would be some things they can do? I reckon they could be the pc hooked upto a dsp.
    11) If anyone's familiar with sundown do you think they will release a better sd3 d2 in the future say a v2? (subwoofer.)
    12) If I was to purchase a 3 way, I could set them in the car 90 degrees off axis. Is this a good idea? So far everything's tucked away and I haven't had to make a panel yet although I'm not apposed to it, as I might get my truck chrome wrapped a nice color shade. Why would I be opposed? Well I figure if somebody were to poke there head and look through my windows they would see the fabricated panels and be like payday...
    13) My midbass idea is to put them in kickpanels although under the rear seats is an option and so is the doors as well as under the front two seats. What sounds best?
    14) I'm still trying to figure out how to safely wire my underseat lighting kit, the 12v male socket broke and It had a few electrical components on them, I could match the fuse by going over to the next amp... however from a standpoint of curiosity is this going to work and allow me to have my lighting back?
    15) I'm currently looking at a cooper bussmann fuse/relay block. Are these top notch or is there a better one on the market?
    16) I plan on buying a dual blueseas marine grade fuse block to hook directly to the battery. as I don't have much room on an aftermarket fuse tray I had ordered, but it was new on the market and I gave so much feedback that it was free. Anyway's it's too small really so this fuse block would really help and is really safe. Any problems with these? Other than it being too expensive...
    17) I have a 1/4" steel fuse panel in my engine bay, what would be a great way to mount accessories to this while not having much of a bolt sticking out the other end so that I can use both sides of it?
    18) I'm still looking for someway to silence vibrations headed to my amplifier, any suggestions?
    19) I have 50 farads guys, and one day I plan on making behind my rear seats a 3 subwoofer set up. With a fair amount of midbass. When is a second battery a must? I have an amperage meter on my capacitor so I'll let you guys know how much I'm pulling once I get the current setup tucked into the tacoma. I have a really good 27f battery, and my Tacoma has a 130amp alternator, I might could upgrade to a 170-180 alternator or a 225amp alternator with a 240, and 270 peak respectively. This is an off roading vehicle so having the alternator serviced and be reliable is an absolute must and this is if I went with a singer alternator. Is singer going to be a good offroading option?
    20) Is upgrading the big three going to help with lights dimming? Last install had this problem at only 600w although I didn't have a capacitor, and it was really only noticeable at high volume... which I would like to be able to play without them dimming. If I did upgrade the big 3 should I leave a little slack on the wires for an upgraded alternator say 6 inches just in case?
    21) Any other suggestions for making the vehicle really nice? I'm changing the interior a little slowly and I might put some different seats in the front so I have lots of comfort options. I'm changing the arm rests so the truck's interior looks a bit like a panda! A black and grey panda.
    22) I plan on carpeting behind the rear seats and amplifier rack, and am curious if I should order some mlv, how much of a difference does it make?
    23) How much of a difference does sound deadening the roof make? And any suggestions for headliner?
    24) Any suggestions for a lighting kit that I could use instead of my cheap one that has an app, remote and the ability to upgrade allot? It'd be nice to add lights in between the panels and underneath, engine bay, bed, tool box, under seats, headliner, between trim.

I'm very interested in deadening on a budget so I will definitely check all of that out!
    Impressing hot tail with my audio.

2. Back To Top    #102
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Re: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything e

Quote Originally Posted by punkrocker View Post
    Okay so I have a few questions.
    1) If I have a subwoofer, regardless of the install, and it could play midbass frequencies how well would that work compared to having a separate subwoofer and midbass?
    Anything over 200-250 Hz we can localize. It will pull stage to sub.

3. Back To Top    #103
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

1. You're better off to use a subwoofer as a subwoofer.
    2. You're looking for a 2 ohm driver that can handle 400 watts or you're looking for a 4 ohm driver that can handle 200 watts?
    4. Yes
    5. Yes
    7. Yes
    8. It doesn't split power. Are you bi-amping the coaxials in the rear?
    9. They are reliable.

4. Back To Top    #104
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.co...SABEgIGcPD_BwE

Have a look around for midbass speakers , should be able to find four of em ?
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

5. Back To Top    #105
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Two 4 ohm speakers in parallel will present a 2 ohm load to amplifier.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]