Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything else.

1. Back To Top    #91

Re: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything e

Anyone have experience using fast rings? I would buy them I really would only there's not much of a way to mount the rear deflection panel in a Tacoma door due to this silly bar running along it. Anyway, any evidence there worth it other than "I noticed a difference."?
    Impressing hot tail with my audio.

2. Back To Top    #92
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything e

Anywhere else to mount them ? Didn`t you mention under rear seat as a possible location for your speakers (midbass)

I`d mount midbass inside of midrange!

My audio experience is fourty years older than yours
    Last edited by Hic; 03-29-2018 at 11:51 AM. Reason: more
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #93
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by punkrocker View Post
    Tacoma door due to this silly bar running along it.?
    Air saw, grinder will cut that crash bar. Only needed for accident !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #94
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Can run the Morels as low as they will go (4 of em), and the sub in a sealed box will come up to meet em (just undersize the box by a quarter or third) ?

5. Back To Top    #95
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Getting anywhere

6. Back To Top    #96

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    Can run the Morels as low as they will go (4 of em), and the sub in a sealed box will come up to meet em (just undersize the box by a quarter or third) ?
    I don't think changing the box's dimensions is going to help any at all. It is funny how net box requirements and recommended requirements are so very different.
    Impressing hot tail with my audio.

7. Back To Top    #97
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Anyone have experience using fast rings? I would buy them I really would only there's not much of a way to mount the rear deflection panel in a Tacoma door due to this silly bar running along it. Anyway, any evidence there worth it other than "I noticed a difference."?
    In my noob opinion, and from what I’ve read, I don’t think open cell foam is the best material to do what FAST rings claim to do I thought I read somewhere that Soundskins came out with a similar product, but used CCF. I’m sure there are a myriad of products that would accomplish the same thing.Maybe check out Richard Vedvick’s youtube video on sound deadening vehicle doors for like $20. I believe Babs used his techniques in addition to his already deadened doors.
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

8. Back To Top    #98
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

The very best advice I could give you would be to read Glenn’s build log and do exactly as he does. He is a guru when it comes to knowledge, and an artist when it comes to building his installs. Super cool cat, too!
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

9. Back To Top    #99
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

I don't think changing the box's dimensions is going to help any at all.
    Take reccomended box size and divide by two , then build a box let us say: instead of 1 cu. Ft. >>> .5 or 1/2 cu. Ft. !
    Let me know if anything happens ? (Curious)

I was designing boxes and having them built by MrMarv when "EliteCarAudio" was active [ it is archived now ].

I still have a box he built then .
    Last edited by Hic; 04-14-2018 at 12:04 AM.

10. Back To Top    #100
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Hic, the last 9 posts in this thread is just you trying to force somebody to post an update (entertain you). Cut it out!