Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything else.

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything e

Won't good sound have more wow factor than a ridiculous number of speakers that aren't seen anyways?

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything e

Quote Originally Posted by Truthunter View Post

Is there a reason you want multiple mid-range and tweeter drivers? What are your goals? Proper imaging and accuracy or just maximum SPL and Wow factor?
    Think "waterfall of sound" !
    The `Roar` is what he will achieve, a cacaphony of sound !
    Last edited by Hic; 01-14-2018 at 01:47 PM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #23
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Quote Originally Posted by punkrocker View Post
    It's a bit of trying to fit allot of speakers in while still having the ability to sq it.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

5. Back To Top    #25
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Quote Originally Posted by punkrocker View Post
    It's a bit of trying to fit allot of speakers in while still having the ability to sq it. Right now this being said all the speakers will be tucked away and hidden.
    I know it won't be a perfect sq build however it'll have a huge wow factor.
    Okay, so quantity and loudness are the primary goal. I'd skip the DSP and just tune it by ear to your liking. It won't be impossible to get it to stage somewhat, but a DSP is likely to cause more problems than solve them in this instance. At the end of the day, the only person that needs to be happy with your stereo is you.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Gob-Smacked, is what he is aiming for. When someone gets a listen !

Euphonic called it . . . "Make Punkrocker Happy !

https://www.ebay.com/i/131630281692?...D1416640911568

Sundown 6 1/2 inch , NICE ! [ a set of midbas/subwoofer (s) ].

Your Tacoma will K I C K
    Last edited by Hic; 01-15-2018 at 07:45 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

7. Back To Top    #27

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    Gob-Smacked, is what he is aiming for. When someone gets a listen !

Euphonic called it . . . "Make Punkrocker Happy !

https://www.ebay.com/i/131630281692?...D1416640911568

Sundown 6 1/2 inch , NICE ! [ a set of midbas/subwoofer (s) ].

Your Tacoma will K I C K
    It's a nice selection, I'm probably going to go with raw drivers from a misc. company all round for tweets/midrange/midbass. I just feel I'd get more moneys worth however I might not get the absolute best sound. I do plan on buying a 10 channel dsp And it'll likely be a helix.
    Is it a good idea to use only one channel for subwoofer and one for midbass and 4 a piece for mids/tweeters on seperate amplifiers?

I just heard a rumor that most speaker companies buy raw drivers, and a nice example would be: http://www.diysoundgroup.com/anarchy...rchy-4ohm.html
    however if this isn't true, and I know sundown and hertz don't buy raw drivers but I think I could save some cash buy buying some really nice raw drivers.

How many watts can I get up to for mid range per speaker so that it is LOUD!! Currently looking at the sundown 125.4

Also should I be looking for a new amplifier for my subwoofers, I currently have a hifonics brutus brz1700.1d from 2012, and I think it was designed in 2010, this is roughly maybe when Hifonics was on top of their game. Recently the company has switched to Max Power and left rms blank for most of their amps for 2018 and that's sad. However do you guys think it would work well with a sundown sd3 d2? I plan on using the 2ohm dual drivers at around 500w rms so this amp loads correctly for 1 or 2 or 3 subwoofers (likely upgrade). I'll likely replace it in the future if I get the opinion it just isn't sq capable or isn't really pushing 500w rms.

My mid bass amplifer, sadly might need replacing it's a 1600w hifonics brutus brx1614.4 I plan on using it at 4 ohm then 2ohm if I need more midbass running them in series. And I'm not sure if this amp just needs to go to craigslist or not.

is 50w rms too much for tweeters? And what should I expect for rms with the loudest versions of raw tweeters usually sold?

Also anyone have any suggestions for cool mods for a Truck? I might be making a blow through to hold my amplifers because I can't find a good place to hold them and they would be on a completely separate carriage of the vehicle so they'd be completely isolated from vibrations just about and modifying my toolbox and adding allot of ac fans for them. However some of my tools got rusty in my toolbox and all I can think of to remedy this is to use allot of weather stripping.

I don't want to modify the truck however will adding midbass in the doors be best on top of the subwoofer box or in it's own box underneath the rear seats be better for sq? This would give it an axis of 180 degrees on the box. Or 90 placed on the top of the box in the compartment. I could put them in the doors however I was hoping to give the illusion the truck isn't all that modified which is why I'm shy to putting them in the doors.

Running these 4 amps do you guys think I'll be fine with my stock 130amp alternator? I'm looking at a 250amp at idle alternator made by singer. Any suggestions here? Will I be needing a second battery? If so it'll go in the toolbox with my 50farad capacitor made by rockville (sigh.)

Haven't been able to find an adapter from 2 gauge to 4 gauge, might make my own and my idea was to stick both wires into each other, electrical paint it thickly and solder it to no end. Is this a bad idea? I might just stick 4 gauge into the amplifiers, which is safe from the low distance the wire will be traveling from capacitor to amplifier.

I'm interested in making my own coaxial audio cables, is there a huge improvement in sound here? Not sure who I would use when picking out these. All I know so far is to silver solder everything with good flux.

My head unit needs an upgrade and I plan on buying an apple carplay with HD radio, sirius and the best I can find is 24bit, and this is the most HD music tends to get up to however I have noticed audiophile head units go upto 32bit. I just don't see myself seeing this upgrade in bits as being actually used. Also I can't find a touchscreen 24bit with an optical out. Will optical out give me the ability to adjust rear or left and right channels?
    Last edited by punkrocker; 01-17-2018 at 08:38 PM.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Optical cables are passe , use copper RCA`s .

Get the 250 amp alternator . Optical cables are passe , use copper. Winding your own RCA`s would be a waste IMO.

SISO equals what you get with cheap speakers !
    Last edited by Hic; 01-17-2018 at 09:21 PM.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

The speakers are the final determinent as far as what will be heard , get the best you can afford.

10. Back To Top    #30

If I am very careful with gains turning them real real low, can I use a 200w x 4 amp for 75w x 4 speakers? Some guy on caraudio has this advice on his profile.