Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything else.

1. Back To Top    #1

need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything else.

I plan on running a two way active set-up
    Can anyone recommend a good mid range driver? I don't want component suggestions. Also 6.5" fits my doors however I plan on fiber glassing some panels so should I still use 6.5" ? Whatever raw driver I end up with I plan on having 16 of them so they need to be 8ohms each. They'll be powered by a Hifonics BRX1616.4 400 X 4 channels rms @2ohms. Also paper-cone only.

Also need suggestions on silk dome tweeters. Not sure how many tweeters I plan on buying. Apparently silk dome are the best sounding, can anyone argue against? And an amplifier would be nice for these tweeters to be powered from. Any suggestions would be nice.

Also looking for suggestions for a digital sound processor.

I have an Alpine cde-133bt headunit that I plan on changing for a high end sq head unit unless I'd be very well off with a dsp improvement (My questions is does a headunit not mean too much as long as it's 24bit if i Buy a dsp?), not sure where to be on this topic. It seems having a high-end dsp would mean I'd be so much better off.

I know this will be difficult to sq but hey I really do plan on sqing it More speakers do look cooler lol.

On the issue of Bass I have a hifoncs BRZ1700.1d pushing one sundown sd3 d2. And using this subwoofer's ohm rating of dual voice coil 2ohm I can satisfy my amplifier with one or two or three of them; I only have one right now!

Also if anybody knows of a build log where the owner of a pick-up placed his amplfiers into an enclosure in the bed that'd be awesome. (I plan on putting everything back there IF i get a 2nd or 3rd subwoofer.)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Re: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything e

Are you wanting to get crazy loud? How do you plan on putting SIXTEEN 6.5's in your vehicle? Honestly I would suggest just using a pair of 6.5's and a pair of tweeters up front if you're going for sq. Then doing something in the back to flip on for extra output when needed. Or fabbing a pair in each door then doing a pair of tweeters in the dash area. Here's my suggestion for speakers. Lots of bang for the buck and proven performers. For the processor the JL twk seems to be the best bang for the buck when it comes to function and reliability.
    https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.co...-dome-tweeter/
    https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.co...-4-6.5-woofer/
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything e

Put subs and amps in the bed , get a tonneau cover.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post

Put subs and amps in the bed , get a tonneau cover.
    I think I've got it figured out on my tacoma where I won't need to be doing any modifications to the vehicle. Thanks for the video though, really made me cringe lol.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

6. Back To Top    #6

Awesome input everyone. I have found out that sundown makes a 6.5" rated for 180watts rms. Might be just the ticket. (I think.)

7. Back To Top    #7

What does a midrange driver, or midbass sound like with a center pole compared to the more flat options?

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Center pole?... you mean dust cap?

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

If you are looking for pure thump out of midbass, I would look at Exodus Anarchy over the Sundown 6.5
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

10. Back To Top    #10
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Quote Originally Posted by punkrocker View Post
    What does a midrange driver, or midbass sound like with a center pole compared to the more flat options?
    A phase plug would help more with the midrange frequencies than the midbass frequencies.