Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything else.

1. Back To Top    #31
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything e

IMO , yes !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #32
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Re: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything e

Quote Originally Posted by punkrocker View Post
    If I am very careful with gains turning them real real low, can I use a 200w x 4 amp for 75w x 4 speakers? Some guy on caraudio has this advice on his profile.
    Yes because a 200x4 amp can cleanly make 75 watts a channel, but a 75x4 amp won't cleanly make 200 watts a channel.

Gain isn't volume and amplifiers aren't like light bulbs.

3. Back To Top    #33
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.wikih...lifier%3Famp=1
    Gain setting .

BCAE look up gain.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #34
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Punkrocker U getting it sorted ? Having any luck with speakers ?

5. Back To Top    #35

It's coming along slowly, the only thing I'm waiting to figure out is where to mount my 200amp fuse box on my fuse tray that I had machined. A tad unrelated, would a circuit breaker be neccesary or should I use a mini-anl fuse to go inline before a relay/fuse box that I plan on using. For safety, bcae1 recommends using only fuses for car audio but it's an old site and I would still have mini fuses protecting my low power equipment. It's just on tacomaworld everyone is using a circuit breaker.
    https://www.waytekwire.com/item/4634...RO-RELAY-RTMR/ or you know I haven't bought the fuse/relay box yet is there a better option out there?

I think I'll buy a helix for my dsp, any opinions? Right now I'm looking at 14 channels. And I could probably whitle it down however I plan on going active and having allot of speakers running of each channel so it images correctly with L/R. 4 midbass, 4 tweets, 4 midrange, 2 L/R inputs for subwoofer. However what is your guys opinion on this? Should I just go mono for midbass? It would save me three channels and allot of money most likely and it appears the new moscani, just taking it as an example, has mono midbass.

Anyone know of a good shop in Tampa? Or any meets hopefully a car audio show near me?

Will I be happy with 24bit for a Head Unit or should I get a single-din that has a larger bit rating, apple car play looks like it's really fun.

What sites do you guys use for HD music downloads?

Always looking for raw driver suggestions guys that aren't too pricy and have really good chart readings. They are very appreciated. Midbass / tweeters / midrange.
    Last edited by punkrocker; 01-21-2018 at 06:11 PM.

6. Back To Top    #36
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by punkrocker View Post
    I think I'll buy a helix for my dsp, any opinions? Right now I'm looking at 14 channels. And I could probably whitle it down however I plan on going active and having allot of speakers running of each channel so it images correctly with L/R. 4 midbass, 4 tweets, 4 midrange, 2 L/R inputs for subwoofer. However what is your guys opinion on this? Should I just go mono for midbass? It would save me three channels and allot of money most likely and it appears the new moscani, just taking it as an example, has mono midbass.
    Why a 14 channel DSP? Do you have 14 channels of amplification? What are the locations of the speakers going to be?

7. Back To Top    #37
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Slo-blow , fast blow fuses matched to wire (amount of current).

24-bit is great.

I have never heard mono midbass?

Some pay to listen service like Sirius for HD.

Use google for car audio shops (ask em about real time analyzer)analyzer, if they don`t come right back on RTA, find another shop.

8. Back To Top    #38
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonic View Post
    Gain isn't volume and amplifiers aren't like light bulbs.
    Thanks for making my week!

9. Back To Top    #39
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    Thanks for making my week!
    A DSP isn’t a magic wand. You can’t wave it and fix problems. If you’re thinking of the other “magic wand”, a DSP won’t get your girlfriend off either.

10. Back To Top    #40

I have a really nice option of placing the midbass in a box under the rear seats. Tons of space. Is this a bad idea? It would look really classy.
    Last edited by punkrocker; 01-21-2018 at 10:09 PM.