Thread: Dayton 12" Reference HO or Peerless 12" Aluminum Cone XXLS

1. Back To Top    #1

Dayton 12" Reference HO or Peerless 12" Aluminum Cone XXLS

I was going to acquire the Dayton 12" HO, but ran across the Peerless 12" Aluminum Cone XXLS. My amp is an Arc Audio KS900.6. When I bridge the two sub channels I get 500 watts RMS. If I don't bridge, each sub channel put out 150 watts. The Dayton power requirements are up to 700 watts while the Peerless is only 175 watts. If I get the Peerless, I won't bridge the two sub channels. If I get the Dayton, I will.

I listen to classic rock 'n roll. With which sub do you guys think I will get the most enjoyment? Has anybody listened to either/both of these subs?

What I am looking for is the best SQ in the low end, and by that I mean which one will be more "musical".

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: Dayton 12" Reference HO or Peerless 12" Aluminum Cone XXLS

It would be extremely tough to resist that Peerless, especially Aluminum cone. They always sound so magical with music in the proper enclosure.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    It would be extremely tough to resist that Peerless, especially Aluminum cone. They always sound so magical with music in the proper enclosure.
    I will be getting the enclosure custom made by someone who really knows what he is doing. So, you think the Peerless is the better choice? I have not heard either of them, but have heard a lot about the Dayton.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

I've read a lot about the Dayton, but also know quite a few that upgrade later. Seems like the Dayton HO is a gateway sub Gets you hooked on SQ, then you can't get enough!!!

The Peerless though, I've used a few aluminum cone TC Sounds subs, and also the DIYMA R12 - have loved all of them so much. You would think an aluminum cone wouldn't be able to get that loud, but ohhh boy can they.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Cool Re: Dayton 12" Reference HO or Peerless 12" Aluminum Cone XXLS

For $ 190 , I'd use. - https://www.parts-express.com/peerle...ofer--264-1114

2.6 cubic feet

Tuned to 30Hz

Then "Let the good times Roll"!
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    I've read a lot about the Dayton, but also know quite a few that upgrade later. Seems like the Dayton HO is a gateway sub Gets you hooked on SQ, then you can't get enough!!!

The Peerless though, I've used a few aluminum cone TC Sounds subs, and also the DIYMA R12 - have loved all of them so much. You would think an aluminum cone wouldn't be able to get that loud, but ohhh boy can they.
    I am figuring the Dayton would be louder because I would be bridging my two sub channels to get 500 watts. Can't do that with the Peerless. It will only get 150 watts from my amp. That being said, I am liking what is being said about the Peerless.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

I would still bridge them , "Do Not get greedy" turn gain knob to left ! Or buy a new one like everyone else .
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

8. Back To Top    #8

[QUOTE=Hic;39619]I would still bridge them , "Do Not get greedy" turn gain knob to left ! Or buy a new one like everyone else .[/QUOT

Don't have to worry about that. My head unit pumps out 8 volts, so my gains are way down to begin with.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Sweet ,

Blackhawksfan