Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: port size help

1. Back To Top    #51
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: port size help

Why ? https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...bile_site=true The bottoming out of. Course
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #52
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by Dsaulen0902 View Post
    One more Question then I'm gonna order!! Do you think this sub Rated @ 400 RMS 2000 Peak Will Handle that amp Bridged to 500 RMS @4ohms If I Keep the gain and Bass Boost down or should I run it Unbridged @250 RMS @4ohms
    https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...bile_site=true
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #53
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Hi Dsaulen0902 ,

WinISD help ?

4. Back To Top    #54

picked up some supplies today!! My box top will be top 15" Deep and 23" Wide with the sub firing up. The PVC I bought is 3" Inside diameter and 3 1/2" outside diameter. When making my tuning calculation it should Be outside diameter... Correct???? Will offset the sub to one side. Should I put the port on the opposite side of the top panel facing up? Or should I put it on the side of the enclosure pointing towards the side of the vehicle? Or does it matter?... As long as it's 3 1/2" From any wall or the Sub!

5. Back To Top    #55
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

3 1/2 inches and firing wherever you want it to , will be fine
    Good luck. !

6. Back To Top    #56

got it done just havent got it installed yet, should get it in tomorrow been crazy round here last week 1.96 Cft @ 30 Hz. Will post final result Click image for larger version. 

Name:	014.JPG 
Views:	169 
Size:	3.27 MB 
ID:	6338

7. Back To Top    #57
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    Why ? https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...bile_site=true The bottoming out of. Course
    Going to use FMods ?

8. Back To Top    #58

Crap!!! I Spaced!! They havent come in yet, guess Im waiting! Surely dont want to put it in just to Blow it!

9. Back To Top    #59
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Most music , country/rock n roll /indie / etc.., won't have super low notes. !

10. Back To Top    #60

so are you telling me it should be fine without the F mods? I will put them in when they come, or should I be patient and wait. I would rather be safe than SORRY... I went to run new speaker wire for the 6X9's and found they are only 200 watts Peak and 50 watts RMS so i need to order new ones, cause my amp pushes 125 RMS. Probably gonna disconnect my 5 1/4" front speakers and instaling tweeters