Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: port size help

1. Back To Top    #41

Re: port size help

You never really answered my Q Hic.. Should the SSF be set at 17.5Hz OR 52.5Hz

2. Back To Top    #42
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Take gross cubic feet of box , then deduct the sub displacement and figure the port tubes length and diameter as solids. After deducting these you will have the net cubic feet. Hopefully around 2.0 cu ft.

So set the ssf @ 17.5 hZ. (The subsonic filter will stop the notes below 17.5 hZ from being played @ full force/power )

The tuning could be the Fs of subwoofer , around 27 hZ. The Fmods (20 hertz) are the ssf , only mono amps have ssf. You have a 4 ch amp.

The sub will work ported in 2.0 cu ft "optimally" !
    Last edited by Hic; 01-05-2018 at 07:57 PM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #43

One more Question then I'm gonna order!! Do you think this sub Rated @ 400 RMS 2000 Peak Will Handle that amp Bridged to 500 RMS @4ohms If I Keep the gain and Bass Boost down or should I run it Unbridged @250 RMS @4ohms

4. Back To Top    #44
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Bridge the amp.

116 on BCAE allows you to enter subwoofer parameters . It will do calculations and show you results.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=bass...spv=1&ie=UTF-8
    Last edited by Hic; 01-05-2018 at 08:24 PM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

5. Back To Top    #45
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Forget the subsonic filter, you don't have one...and unless you're a complete idiot, you don't really need it. All a SSF does is keeps the sub from playing down below the audible range, but it cuts out the low gut-wrenching rumble that you only feel on certain passages...and that's what I'm personally after. I've only had two amps with SSF, and I turned them both off. So unless you're going around playing the 1812 Overture or "Bass I Love You" by Bassotronic at full-blast, you shouldn't really need to worry about it.

6. Back To Top    #46
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by Dsaulen0902 View Post
    One more Question then I'm gonna order!! Do you think this sub Rated @ 400 RMS 2000 Peak Will Handle that amp Bridged to 500 RMS @4ohms If I Keep the gain and Bass Boost down or should I run it Unbridged @250 RMS @4ohms
    You should be fine. Remember, the only time an amp is putting out peak power is when you have it playing wide open with a test tone. Any other time, you're probably not even putting half the power to a speaker.

7. Back To Top    #47

where can i find an enclosure calculator I had one the other day now i cant find it.. did a search here on this site no luck....

8. Back To Top    #48
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

http://www.linearteam.org/

WinISD , Al used this one

Take Al`s first box and lengthen ports until frequency is just above 27 hertz.

9. Back To Top    #49
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Try lengthening port tubes to nine inches

.04 mach is super sweet !

[QUOTE=BigAl205;39541]According to WinISD, tuned to 35hz and each port lengths of 8-3/16" would give you a 6db hump around 60hz

Attachment 6313

Red is zero decibels (where you want to be for tuning).
    Purple is minus 3 decibels (the rolloff, knee, power reduced by 3 decibels)
    Last edited by Hic; 01-06-2018 at 09:15 AM.

10. Back To Top    #50
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Forget the subsonic filter, you don't have one...and unless you're a complete idiot, you don't really need it. All a SSF does is keeps the sub from playing down below the audible range, but it cuts out the low gut-wrenching rumble that you only feel on certain passages...and that's what I'm personally after. I've only had two amps with SSF, and I turned them both off. So unless you're going around playing the 1812 Overture or "Bass I Love You" by Bassotronic at full-blast, you shouldn't really need to worry about it.
    Al uses an 18 inch sub !

D A M N !

Now, he ain`t drivin a Transtar International II Eagle (cabover)with a detroit diesel.

He`s a PPIM, but if he was free-wheelin, It`d be a Peterbilt w/x-tended sleeper and 12`s on his dash!
    Last edited by Hic; 01-06-2018 at 06:48 PM.