Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: port size help

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: port size help

yes i am getting it. learned alot past couple days.I am going to build a newbox with my dimensions I figured I will have 1.76 cft net with a 3" diam X 6.5 inch long tube it will be tuned to 35 hrz. Thx for all the help

I am going to build a new box with my dimensions I figured I will have 1.76 cft net with a 3" diam X 6.5 inch long tube it will be tuned to 35 hrz. Thx for all the helpI am going to build a new box with my dimensions I figured I will have 1.76 cft net with a 3" diam X 6.5 inch long tube it will be tuned to 35 hrz. Thx for all the helpI am going to build a new box with my dimensions I figured I will have 1.76 cft net with a 3" diam X 6.5 inch long tube it will be tuned to 35 hrz. Thx for all the help

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Dsaulen0902,

Using that sub ? If you play "through" Fs ( or natural resonating frequency ) your ears will tell you [ NOT GOOD ].
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #13

Ok now im confused again You trying to confuse me LOL... If im getting this correctly you are saying i should tune it more like 40hz closer to the subs Fs. Will i be disapointed in the bass for the rap music.. I do also listen to hard rock. Tell me what you would recommend for my enclosure.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Without knowing what brand or model of sub it is (you never said), the numbers suggest that it would work best with a large sealed enclosure.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

The fs of his sub is 43hZ , he is fucked Al ! Unless he picks a sub with an Fs around 30 Hz or lower as far as rap goes.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

6. Back To Top    #16

i have not purchased this sub yet only my amp can u recommend something good and cheap as i am on a fixed income i appreciate all the help!! if i didn't mention the amp it is an MB Quart ZA2-1000.4 The only reason I had my heart set on this sub was the price $60 and it was DVC so it could could be wired multiple ways but it is not going to work for the music we listen to

7. Back To Top    #17
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Euphonic, nice!

Tune to 28 Hz in 3.5 cu. Ft.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

This will be the best choice for your musical likes [ Ported or Sealed .