Thread: Thank you Car Audio Junkinites.

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Eric
    Vehicle
    2000 Chevy Blazer

Thank you Car Audio Junkinites.

I just wanted to say thank you for all the advice and information you all have shared. With a lot of help from you all i have managed to put together a system that will fully meet and exceed my expectations. My box is the only thing im waiting on. I'm getting it built soon by a very reputable dude in Mark Crowley out of Lexington, KY. I have no doubt that I will be able silence my work buddies who have all found great humor in the direction i went with this build. They laughed and told me there was no way my budget build will touch the stuff they get at the local shops. They swore i was getting ripped off, and that the stuff i was buying was junk. Mind you, these guys thought i was stupid for spending a couple hundred dollars of my system money on an alt and 0 gauge big 3. "Just get a cap for $150!". One guy has a full crunch system 2 12s and a 1000 watt amp. He talks so much shit. The king of the work shop has a decent set up, 2 15 kicker L7s and a 1800.1 kicker amp, but he's running on a stock 150 amp alt. So here's what i ended getting. You all know about the jvc hu, 300 amp alt, 0 gauge big 3, 0 gauge amp install wiring, and soundstream picasso 6000.1 amp, but ive added the last couple of pieces. For subs i got 3 12" Soundqubed HDS3s, this will run my amp at .7 ohm, but Mark said it would be fine and gave me a lifetime warranty on the build. It was his idea to go with 3 12s instead of 2, and he's the best in central KY so i trust him. He said this set up is going to get down right nasty for what it is. For mids and highs I got massive audio pks components. My enclosure build will be a tuned ported box, subs up, port back. I can't wait to get everything installed, finally! It seems like ive been waiting for ever, especially with all the guys giving me jabs and talking about how they're wanting to collect on all these bets. Lol
    Last edited by Gatorade; 12-16-2017 at 04:11 AM.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Thank you Car Audio Junkinites.

!N O i C E! -
    Speakers facing up and port facing rear end

Three 12's @ 0.7 Ohms . . . That is really going to " H I T "

High 138's to low 144's is my guess and I can,t wait to hear what your buddies think . . . Dollar for Dollar, you,ve already WON ! ! !
    Last edited by Hic; 12-17-2017 at 07:51 PM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

What you need is an amp for your components and you're golden.

https://www.massiveaudio.com/product...onent-speakers

Best photos - https://m.ebay.com/itm/Massive-Audio...AAAOSwvjlZcP3Z

12 pics. ^ ^ ^
    Last edited by Hic; 12-16-2017 at 04:09 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Eric
    Vehicle
    2000 Chevy Blazer

Man, i just reread my post. I really could've used some paragraphing. Lol. Yeah i plan on getting a small amp for the front.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

That will be a very good setup for sure, congrats!!!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Eric
    Vehicle
    2000 Chevy Blazer

I cant wait to get my box made. Ive never heard a hds3. Ive read about them, but that's about it. I hope they sound good.