Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Kia Soul

1. Back To Top    #11
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

Re: 2017 Kia Soul

Quote Originally Posted by Salami View Post
    The auto EQ is not a loss in my opinion. On the 360.3 it flattens out the signal but it does it with the same EQ for the outputs. It doesn't make much sense to me since we are generally not looking for a flat end result.
    thanks for adding this bit of info- never had a need for using the auto eq in the 360.3 so didn't realize that. it would be nice to be able to start with a flat signal from the get-go, but using the same eq for the outputs seems strange. i'm not too worried about it...this car isn't ever going to be the "ultimate sq car" or anything of that nature

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    We need pictures of the car and the equipment pile.
    ask and you shall receive!

unrelated to audio, but surprised to see 4 wheel disc brakes on a car in this price range. not really necessary in a car this light, but i can't complain

factory radio

factory tweeter mount from driver's perspective, passenger side

same thing, driver's side

hatch

hatch floor opened showing foam tray - there is a spare tire underneath this. from the feet of the foam tray to the top of it is ~7.75"

right side of the hatch, the stock sub is behind this on models with premium audio i believe - i tried to capture it but it seems like kia engineers tried to make it look like a smiley face. hatch light killed the picture though
    Last edited by BigAl205; 10-12-2017 at 08:58 PM. Reason: fixed alignment

2. Back To Top    #12
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

got this in the mail today...

slow strip tease

with the badge added - i like that this isn't stuck on permanently, instead they let you stick it in the proper direction for your install

connections...i like that they're all on one side of the amp, not a big fan of having connections on opposite ends of amps

control cover removed

nifty trick to keep the screws in the cover panel so you don't lose them

more to come tomorrow when subs & speakers come. i got a shipment notification for the processor today as well.
    Last edited by BigAl205; 10-12-2017 at 08:59 PM. Reason: fixed alignment

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

This is going to be schweeeeeeeeeeet
    Are you not entertained?!?!

4. Back To Top    #14
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

so, some things came in, and it's good news and bad news. so first, the good news:

gotta show the booty too

subs came in, they look great. not anything super high end of course, but should fill out the low end pretty nicely. they're nice and shallow, and feel well built.

the bad news is, the virtus set came in, and while they looked okay, i hooked them up for testing & both tweeters are dead. kinda ticked off but i had a suspicion something would go wrong w/ that deal, so whatever. hopefully the seller doesn't make this a pain in the ass. i'm looking at some potential changes for the front speakers now, since i planned my sub & amp budget around having gotten the speakers for cheaper than i was anticipating paying - originally was planning to spend about $400, but the virtus were quite a bit less, so i bought a nicer amp. i definitely don't want to swing $550 for a brand new virtus set, but thinking the open box audiofrog gs60 + open box gs10 would be a nice set. the tempo ultra's are still in the running too, just not sure which of the two would be better...

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Sucks about the Morels... hopefully the seller will work with you on a solution. Maybe partial refund so you can get a set of replacement tweeters.

6. Back To Top    #16

really kills me to get used tweeters in non-operating condition, it happened so much I just stopped buying tweeters from almost everybody.

I don't know if it's that they think they are being cute or whatever, but anyone who sells bunk tweeters should have to pay extra to "make whole" in my humble opinion, since the entire used tweeter market is in jeopardy.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

so, the guy was totally cool about everything, good guy to work with. i ended up getting a full refund (i offered to cover what he paid to ship them to me, so i wouldn't feel like an ass ) & ordered replacements today...audiofrog gs60 + audiofrog gb10 combo, i went with the gb tweeters since they can be crossed a little lower than the gs. sad to give up the morel goodness, but i was really impressed with the audiofrog stuff that i heard at the meets in NC so i'm excited to check these out. pics to come as soon as i get them in, as usual

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Frogs are on my list of maybe speakers as well. Ready to hear your opinion.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

9. Back To Top    #19
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

this thing showed up today seems nice enough, and it's super tiny.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

unrelated to my car, but i saw this just now and it had me laughing, enjoy