Thread: R.I.P Walter Becker

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

R.I.P Walter Becker

Walter Becker passed Sunday age 67. ( 9/3/2017 )

Part of/half of Steely Dan a transcendant type of rock music.

As for the name - a steely dan makes ladies happier ! A strap-on taken from "Naked Lunch" - Edgar Burrough's book.
    Last edited by Hic; 09-05-2017 at 02:38 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: R.I.P Walter Becker

Have you listened to "Deacon Blues" ?

Fegen and Becker knew music , 1920's , 1930's , 1940's , 1950's , 1960's and to this they added or subtracted little tweaks. That make it Steely Dan !

Their contribution was incredible , they both thought Aja was a high point ! [ album ].
    Last edited by Hic; 09-05-2017 at 02:35 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Turns out a friend in their youth had an older brother went to Korea and married a beautiful young lady named Aja . With the right backup the album came alive ! A musician who played with Miles had consented to playing on this session , so he was able to review what the progression was through the whole song , then when his turn came to perform he aced it on his saxophone !

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Me and a buddy from work were going to see them and Steve Winwood in concert last year here in Little Rock but it just didn't happen. He was hurting for money at the time and I was working on getting a monkey of a debt off my back. Basically what I'm trying to say is...if you think something will be your last chance/only chance in a lifetime to do and you really want to do it POUNCE ON IT! I have everything Steely Dan has ever done in the studio and not only are they in regular rotation but always make it on a demo cd/file. Fagan's two solo albums are really good too.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.