Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Order of importance to you

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Re: Order of importance to you

Gotta be the midrange for me, but anyone who knows me knows I'm a stickler for a good tweeter too. "Good" speakers don't have to be expensive either. It's a case of finding the right tools for the job. I tend to stick with stock locations because I insist on my front stage install looking like nothing ever happened in the way of audio upgrades. Install and tuning within the restraints is how it goes down. I'm also paranoid as hell. Hell will freeze over before I have big pods that scream "aftermarket audio". Some people tend to conveniently forget that not everyone is over the deep end in this hobby like they are. I don't consider myself over the deep end because I know how to make my system better in the form of speaker placement with fabrication but don't have any desire to make it happen because what I've accomplished with very little effort AND MONEY sounds damn good. The single best thing I've done for my system is bypass the factory amp to get clean signal from the factory U-connect screen. Nothing I do from now on for the system will top getting a clean unmolested signal to the processor. And as much as I talk about swapping out the front stage the only way that will happen is if I have a speaker fail. When that happens the entire front stage will get changed since I'll be in there anyway. Beyond that, the system is "done".
    Last edited by Hillbilly SQ; 08-12-2017 at 08:12 AM.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Nice !

Thank you to those who have posted and the 2 votes after 77 views !
    To the person who voted "other" would you explain which "driver" you place first in order of importance for a sound quality system ?

Just curious is all ?

I have only listed [ tweeter/hlcd/midrange/full range/wide bander/midbass/subwoofer ] , so which driver is your first choice in the order of importance ?

Please vote and ' Let Us All ' know !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    any base not covered is going to bug the shit out of you......so I can't hardly put more emphasis on one driver set over the others.....
    Clay, you said it all right there ☆ !

If a guy/gal can cover all the bases it's gonna be best sound !

2 - 15 inchers IB , pair of 12 inchers Midbass , a coupla mid-ranges , and 2 tweeters would do it !
    Last edited by Hic; 08-14-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

8 votes so far , 4 for midrange , 2 for midbass 2 for tweeter and 1 for other. [ other equals " phantom " center }
    Last edited by Hic; 08-14-2017 at 01:55 PM.

5. Back To Top    #15

I was always more in the "Value for buck" program, and bullet/idiot proof... simple 3 way...
    even though I collected a bunch of shit that I haven't used...

Also that my truck was so dirty and rough, that I'd feel bad for putting the "good stuff" in the dash and doors.

Some of my woofers got stolen... like an older SI Mag prototype (from the Owner himself) and a never used Diyma12

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I prefer subwoofer, midbass, tweeter, then midrange

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

The speaker that covers the range you listen to , is the most important or your go to !

By disconnecting the various speakers , it will become apparent to your ears.

A boombox or a clock radio , even the puter plays music "good enough" to listen to