Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Order of importance to you

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Question Order of importance to you

Which is most important to you for Sound Quality System ?

Probably the drivers that cover the midrange or vocals would be so that the stage is solid .

HLCD's serve this function or much of the stage , If their of the larger size [ full vs mini ].
    Last edited by Hic; 08-11-2017 at 06:23 PM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Order of importance to you

For me, no matter the gear, from mild to wild, budget to premium, it's all about the instal and tune baby.....

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Do you concentrate on location when installing the gear or doesn't that matter for tuning ? Is tonality 1rst in importance ?
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #4

Of course I do, no location is perfect......but each offers its own shortcomings. You choose the location that best addresses your desires, then tune it the best you can. Tonality is always 1st, it must be sufficient to be listenable, but fortunately the attributes that pull it all together, staging, imaging, and blend tend to work independently of your final tonality curve, as long as you maintain the eq corrections within your final curve.
    Last edited by claydo; 08-11-2017 at 07:46 PM.

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok, just looked to the top of the thread and realized it was a poll.....lol. I feel there is equal weight all around with drivers, as in their final response, equalized, as music is full range, and any base not covered is going to bug the shit out of you......so I can't hardly put more emphasis on one driver set over the others.....

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

If you had to have one thing "Great" and the others as good as possible : would it be the singing and subsequently all the instruments in that range ?

Or would it be great subwoofer thump , maybe airiness from tweeters and like that ?

7. Back To Top    #7

Hmmm, probably midbass capable of prodigious output......most desirable traits in a drivers response can be eq'd out of any adequate driver......but output cannot, and I loves me some strong midbass....lol.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

0K , now you're talking ! Lack of midbass is numero uno in audio ( home or vehicles ). I started out with coaxial , triaxial , 5.25's , 6.5 , 6.75 , 5 ×7/6 x 8 , 6 x 9 . . .et cetera

It's always been the " Main Thing ", the midrange driver ! ( Scanspeak 12m ) is remarkable !

I can get by without excellent midbass , just sayin . . .
    Last edited by Hic; 08-13-2017 at 01:43 AM.

9. Back To Top    #9

Midbass is the hardest frequency range to get realistic output levels......mid, tweet, and sub drivers typically reach realistic levels pretty easily.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    Midbass is the hardest frequency range to get realistic output levels......mid, tweet, and sub drivers typically reach realistic levels pretty easily.
    There is no such thing as a " Full Fidelity " wave form due to recording limitations , so getting a recording to sound like a live event is still not going to be realized.

I have listened to all the drivers " independently " and subwoofers just thump , tweeters , especially metal [ domes or ribbons ] do sizzle , et cetera . . .

A midbass of optimum displacement or multiples of smaller ones are needed to interact with other drivers . Alot of installs put 2 in the bottom of doors ! Wouldn't be the cake in my book , but is definately , The Icing ! ! !

I have heard bigger professional drivers done in rear of vehicles ( a couple of 10 inchers ) , really sounded Sweet !
    Last edited by Hic; 08-13-2017 at 01:30 AM.