Thread: Nashville TN / So-KY / North-AL Second Annual Car Stereo GTG - Sunday - Sep 3, 2017

1. Back To Top    #1

Nashville TN / So-KY / North-AL Second Annual Car Stereo GTG - Sunday - Sep 3, 2017

Doing this thing again this year, Sunday before Labor Day, September 3, 2017

Same format, just a day of getting together and talking some bs while maybe listening to a few cars. Had a good turnout last year, everyone was respectful and courteous. Same laid back mentality this year.

Where:

At my house 30 minutes North of Nashville TN - PM for the address - Hopefully if you came last year you saved the point in the GPS

When:

Sunday: September 3, 2017, from whenever to whenever, people came and went all day last year, had some there super early and some stayed late.
    We will eat lunch around noonish and dinner around 6ish (dinner is whatever is leftover from lunch, or we can get pizza if needed)

Food:

Same BBQ we had last year and all of the other sides the wife gathered, speaking of the wife, there have been many requests for some more of that banana pudding cake thing she made last year, she say's she'll make it again, if she doesn't come to her senses and leave me before then. There will be no happy birthday singing though. :mean:

Stuff to bring:

Yourself
    A friend / spouse / kids (you are responsible for kids, we have a redneck pool, for now, if they would like to swim, again; it's on you to watch them)
    Your Car / truck with or without anything you would want to share
    By then I should have a couple of cars to listen to of my own, hope to have Ty running again by then.
    Some auditioning CD's or another music source
    Folding chair
    Any drink harder than common sodas and water

List of peeps so far.
    Name (Screenname) - Car - State if you want

1) Jason (imjustjason) - Some cars, some stuff, a place -TN
    2) John (imjustjohn) LOL - 15 Civic coupe - TN
    3) Michael Maddy-2003 Dodge Ram 1500- KY
    4) Erin (ErinH) - 06 Civic Sedan - AL
    5) Michael Myers (audiophile25) - 16 Scion im - TN
    6) Chris (Hillbilly SQ) - 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee - AR
    7) Kelly (bigbubba) - either Monte or F150 HD
    8) Jeremy (sq_tsx) - 06 Acura TSX - TN
    9) Josh (schmiddr2) - 03 Avalon
    10) Eric (EeeDeeEye) - 16 Mustang GT - GA
    11) Niles (atheos) - 03 Honda Insight - TN
    12) Alan (BigAl205) - 15 Ford Explorer - AL
    13) Kirk Proffitt - CTS-V
    14) Tim Smith - rolling studio Seqoia
    15) Shannon Roberts - badass S10
    16) Coy Hudnall - magic carpet
    17) Doug Heile - 79 Z28
    18) Mike Allen - master maxima
    19) Chris Myers - SQology oh my josh winner

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Nashville TN / So-KY / North-AL Second Annual Car Stereo GTG - Sunday - Sep 3, 20

Looking like another good turnout

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Michael Myers
    Vehicle
    2016 Scion im

Re: Nashville TN / So-KY / North-AL Second Annual Car Stereo GTG - Sunday - Sep 3, 20

I am really looking forward to it. I had a great time last year

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Can't wait. Had to miss last year because a co-worker had non-refundable cruise tickets and we were short staffed to begin with. Hope to get some good feedback on my system. I've made some big improvements and worked some kinks out of the system since its first showing at the NCSQ meet. Erin and Eric heard it there. Low-ish budget system but chose the right tools for the job.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I hate to say this but I'm 99% out. Was parked at work last night and a guy in a newer Camry jumped an inclined grass island, went airborne like a '69 Charger with a Confederate flag and Dixie horn, and plowed into the back of my Jeep. He pushed me up on to the island in front of me and ended up were I was parked, damaged the front bumper of another co-worker's Camry, and creased the back bumper of another co-worker's Wrangler. The girl with the Camry that got hit was outside on the balcony and saw it all happen and said he ACCELLERATED before hitting the inclined island. His car got towed. COPS SAID HE WASN'T IMPAIRED. I'm still trying to process all this. Cops said he owned the car and was insured. Guy said someone else hit him from behind and caused the accident. BULLSHIT. Not a scratch on the back of his car. Then he told the cops someone hit the FRONT of his vehicle. Damn right the front got hit...when it moved my Grand Cherokee that I JUST got dialed in and haven't even had a year. The whole back end is toast. Most of the door gaps aren't like they used to be. Being a unibody I think it's totaled. I found the right vehicle and this happens. I know it will never be the same if it gets fixed. I LOVED this vehicle. I told someone just last week that if something were to happen to it I'd probably replace it with another Grand Cherokee. I noticed you can get more for your money in a used Durango though. Still love the Grand Cherokee. I'm about to call LRPD and get the police report emailed to me so I can get the ball rolling on this. Hopefully his insurance comes through because if it doesn't and mine has to cover it I'll be pissed. My good behavior has rewarded me with really low rates for very good insurance. I don't want to mess that up! Pretty sure this guy is gonna get cancelled once all is said and done. He doesn't need to be driving anyway after his stunt last night.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Wow! Hate to hear this, Chris.
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Think a piece of gear came loose in the tire well because there's a bad rattle back there. Can't get the rear hatch open so will have to pull it all out from the back seats folded down.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Well that funkin sucks. sorry dude
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

On a good note and against my better judgement the inside of the rear hatch is unharmed. Functions fine even though the switch on the outside is mangled to hell. From the looks of it you would think it would be wedged shut but it's not. Main concern that if it did open it wouldn't close again from damaged circuitry/hardware. Will probably be next week before I can get the police report and the info I need to go after the insurance company. Then you know how insurance companies are when they have to pay outIf I would have thought to push for the guy's info last night when I was face to face with him and the cops I would already have the ball rolling. If I know it will be done by the Friday before the meet I'll make it. I could drive it there like it is now but don't like driving a messed up vehicle anymore than I have to. I know if they don't do it at the body shop (and doubt they even have a way to do it) I'll be going straight to the tire shop I use for them to make sure the front end didn't get knocked out of alignment. It high-stepped a pretty high curb when it was pushed.

10. Back To Top    #10

One week from yesterday.