Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can you hear the differences between a square wave and a sine wave

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Can you hear the differences between a square wave and a sine wave

I used a cell phone cajunner and I listen to speakers in many forms.

This is a test which could reflect on your ability to hear and iffn you want people to see you at your best this might not be for you. In that instance I would post the most expensive set of cans that you know of as your own and claim another thousand or two hertz. In other words LIE
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #22

that's right, I certainly wouldn't admit to not being able to hear anything above 15Khz, if that was the case, heh..

and even if my headphones, or IEM's were rated by professional testers to put out an easy 20Khz of plus/minus 3 db, I'd probably be uneasy about the cost since I shouldn't admit I've only dropped a c-note or less to obtain the pseudo quality...

it would also seem as though my ability to discern, is now called into question because my square wave almost sounds like a sine above 6Khz or whatever, and that can't be right, right?

I hate to admit it but either these listening tests are contrived to cause consternation or I just am not all I crack up to be, and I know that goes for the rest of you not quite golden ears hiding in plain sight, on these wanker threads.

It's no small matter to try to escape from nobody tedium to rise above, and make those lofty claims of "I can hear this brand is mostly snob-biased, and this other is the truth" when they came off the same factory floor, different shift in some Chinese mega-conundrum, yesterday...

seems to be a bit shady, lady.

but that's okay, I don't get quality reads anymore because some people think I'm not fit for public consumption, and make unilateral decisions regarding my rights to an opinion, even as they heavy hand all around.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

[Quote ]my square wave almost sounds like a sine above 6Khz or whatever, and that can't be right, right?

[/QUOTE]

If it is , you have not been kind to your ears ( Loud sounds may have damaged the cilia / gun blasts/chain saws/lawn mowers, et cetera. )
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #24

oh, I have lived, in the hot zone of seismograph recorders and using dynamite as functional drill water pit manufacturing, no hearing protection aboard 350 Chevy powered airboats, not to mention centerfire rifle use, along with the obvious rock and roll concerts and assorted attempts at their replication inside various car envelopes...

so if I level match a 6 KHz sine to a square, and for the sake of equivalence pit a concentration of effort at identifying one from the other, being right without the prerequisite "gut check" cheat of prior study using my test tone practice for "legitimizing" the outcome, then yes...

I could fub that particular answer in a rigorously controlled examination...

hahaha...

it doesn't matter though.

the oddity is not my own, we are all blessed with these imperfect devices that came from nature, vs. nurture. Oblivious as a teen, twenties exercise in not caring, no.... not understanding the satiety mark of volume levels against my apparatus, as we might all be guilty I am preponderant of more, guilt...

so let this be my stance against the golden ear, I am excited by sensitivity indirectly masking an acuity deficit, which might altogether rend a response that matches or even copiously exceeds the golden ear and their taunts in discerning, nearly everything audible to me.

and isn't that a nice island to create, a space where my fubar hearing gains reverent pose, why should it not?

I believe I am fully capable of deciding what is superior and what remains, the also-rans of yesteryear, based on precious few auditions, based on precious few funds to receive auditions.

I don't expect many of you to be entertained, energized by a wordy boy, but for me it is just my shining, in glimmer-vacuums.

see, it is me, and not you.

but you are okay, just in case it appears I have not afforded that much, to you...

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Thank you, cajunner !

I know the sound of an airboat , also. They put a 502 caddy engine in and it had a beautiful wooden propeller.

6. Back To Top    #26

you are welcome, Hic.

I am not too full of myself to show defect, even if doing so jeopardizes every opinion in discernment I choose to expose, such is the case that I am as open a book as I can be, here in the anonymity of interwebbage.

so many people hide behind their pride-filled personas, making themselves superhuman in the process. It's hard to be superhuman, if you're not. That's kind of stupid as a floated opine, but you know yourself that the most direct path to the center of any controversy is hardly the most traveled.