Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zapco Z150.6 LX or Arc Audio XDi 1200.6

1. Back To Top    #1

Zapco Z150.6 LX or Arc Audio XDi 1200.6

Okay, I've pretty much decided on my sub. Now, I am looking to upgrade my amp. I've narrowed my search down to Zapco's Z150.6 LX and Arc Audio's XDi 1200.6. I really like the idea of not having any preamplification (of any kind) or crossover ability of the Z150.6 LX since all of that will be handled with a Mosconi 6to8 V8. I know the Arc lists for a few hundred dollars less, but I can get the Zapco from my dealer for $900, which makes it pretty close, cost-wise.

In terms of JUST sound quality, I'd like to hear your guys' opinions on my two choices.

Curious, I'd figure that the electrical demands of the Zapco would be far greater than that of the Arc because it is a Class AB amp and the Arc is a Class D amp. But, Zapco recommends a 100 amp fuse while the Arc utilizes 3 x 30 amp fuses (built into the amp). So, does that mean the two amps are very close on the electrical demands? Either way, neither amp should be pushing my electrical to near it's limits.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Re: Zapco Z150.6 LX or Arc Audio XDi 1200.6

I would think you can get 2 Arc 1200.6's for around $900...
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

3. Back To Top    #3

I say go with the one you want, I think you'd be hard pressed to hear any audible difference between the two. While the idea of a/b is quite a bit sexier than d, keep in mind arc's excellent customer service for down the road.....I've consistently heard zapco's is practically non existent. So get the one that fits, meets your asthetic needs, or you just desire more, and be comfortable knowing either will perform within your expectations......

4. Back To Top    #4

I agree with you about Arc's customer service. I, currently, own and use a KS900.6. Whenever I needed to talk to someone at Arc, they always answered the phone and always talked to me. I've tried calling Zapco and that is practically impossible to do...just calling them. I guess Atrend are the ones to talk to if you have a Zapco issue, but I am not sure exactly what Atrend's relationship is with Zapco...do they own them? Are they their U.S. distributor? I just do not know. But, I have talked to Atrend, so I do know how to get to somebody if I need to chat with them.

That all being said, my dealer is not an authorized Zapco dealer. If I get the Z150.6 LX, I will still get a one-year warranty from them and I trust them, exclusively.

5. Back To Top    #5

Oof.....unauthorized.....run away, run away....

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
    I would think you can get 2 Arc 1200.6's for around $900...

New XDi 1200.6 amps go for over $800...that I have seen. But, I haven't looked around that intensely to find a cheaper price.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    Oof.....unauthorized.....run away, run away....

Like I said in my original post, I trust my local dealer...very much. I am not worried if I get it from them.

8. Back To Top    #8

Gee, nobody has any opinions or preferences of the Z150.6 vs. the XDi 1200.6?

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Zapco!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

10. Back To Top    #10

Why do you prefer the Zapco over the Arc Audio? It can't be because of their service, it's pretty non-existent. Arc has great service, from my experience. But, don't misinterpret. I am leaning towards the Z150.6 LX, but I know the XDi 1200.6 is an awesome amp, as well. I would like to hear people's opinions as to why they choose one over the other.

I have not heard either one. I own an Arc KS900.6. It's a very nice amp. Would like to have more headroom powering my Morel Tempo Ultra 602 front stage, that is why I am considering upgrading. I am leaning towards the Z150.6 LX because Zapco has sold me on it's components (it's guts) and on the Z150.6's philosophy of not fiddling with the signal except just amplifying it...no pre-amplification of any kind, no crossovers, etc. But, I do love Arc amps (I own two, the other is an XXD 5080) and their customer service is top notch.