Thread: Looking for a 10" sub, would like recommendations and opinions

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Looking for a 10" sub, would like recommendations and opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk Fan View Post
    I don't know that particular Morel sub. I did find it in the raw driver section of the Morel website. Would you know how it compares in SQ compared to the Ultimo SC-104? Also, how does it compare to the other 10" subs you have and have listened to?
    I cannot tell you about that sub , I have a different one [ 8 ohm ]. Love the sound of it !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #12

Well, life happened and my budget has changed. Cannot go $500, anymore. Maybe $400, but that has to include the enclosure. Now, I am looking at Dayton HF 12 or Image Dynamics IDQ 12. If both put in the optimum box (sealed), what would you guys recommend? I am leaning towards the Dayton, but it's hard for me not to like the IDMax.
    Last edited by Blackhawk Fan; 07-21-2017 at 01:34 PM.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Go big or go home!!!

RE Audio XX 12D4 [Refurbished]
    Are you not entertained?!?!

4. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Go big or go home!!!

RE Audio XX 12D4 [Refurbished]

I cannot use that sub. It puts me past my budget and is way too much for my needs. I am looking for an SQ sub. With a 3" voice coil, 1500 watts power handling, and an appropriate box that is much too big for what I want, is this not an SPL sub? Not what I need, not what I want.

Oh, I did leave out that I am, also, considering the MMATs Pro 12. And, yes, I have been talked out of a 10" sub to a 12" sub.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Check out Dark Audio Industries NKO-12. I have 2 of them waiting for a vehicle to install them into. I'm not pushing them or recommending them, as I haven't heard them yet, but if they are halfway decent, the price is right!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0853.JPG 
Views:	260 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	6095Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0854.JPG 
Views:	310 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	6096
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk Fan View Post
    I cannot use that sub. It puts me past my budget and is way too much for my needs. I am looking for an SQ sub. With a 3" voice coil, 1500 watts power handling, and an appropriate box that is much too big for what I want, is this not an SPL sub? Not what I need, not what I want.

Oh, I did leave out that I am, also, considering the MMATs Pro 12. And, yes, I have been talked out of a 10" sub to a 12" sub.
    No problem, I've not had the pleasure of hearing those XX or XXX - or even the old MX for that matter. Just seemed like they could be made into musical monsters in the right application.

Very cool that you can step up to a 12" subwoofer now, definitely opens up quite the possibilities. MMATS Pro 12 eh? Sounds nice. Their amps sure are spectacular. Reminds me of the Arc Audio ARC series subs.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
    Check out Dark Audio Industries NKO-12. I have 2 of them waiting for a vehicle to install them into. I'm not pushing them or recommending them, as I haven't heard them yet, but if they are halfway decent, the price is right!

Geez, look at the booty on that beauty!

8. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post

Man, that's a beefy subwoofer! It sells for $137 with shipping on Amazon, but I check the manufacturer's website and they have on sale for $95!!! I am definitely looking into this one, but I got a feeling it is more of an SPL sub than an SQ sub. Definitely cannot beat the price. I wonder how the NKO-12 differs from the DKI-12.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

$ 107.38 w/Free Shipping @ Amazon

At the lowest point of our atmosphere exists the Troposphere. It’s no coincidence that we named the Tropo subwoofer after the lowest layer of the atmosphere because this sub is meant to get LOW. This subwoofer is jam packed full of technologies that allows this woofer to maintain performance while keeping your wallet intact. The high quality components will keep you bumping for years to come. Ascend to the Tropo and be endowed with pulse pounding bass!
    With dual 2 ohm coils you can run this @ 1 ohm in parallel or 4 ohm in series !

This one comes in an infinite baffle [ no enclosure ] model also. Look up IB in build logs or ask why ? - dvc 4 ohm for 2 ohm or 8 ohm connection.

CT Sounds Tropo V2.0 Dual 2 Ohm 12" Subwoofer 450w RMS

Testimonial - have the Tropo 12 v2. I have mine behind the seat. The box is 49 inches long, 7 inches wide at the top, 9 inches at the bottom, and 15 inches tall if I remember right. Ported and tuned to 26hz.Testimonial
    Last edited by Hic; 07-21-2017 at 07:20 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

10. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    $ 107.38 w/Free Shipping @ Amazon

With dual 2 ohm coils you can run this @ 1 ohm in parallel or 4 ohm in series !

This one comes in an infinite baffle [ no enclosure ] model also. Look up IB in build logs or ask why ? - dvc 4 ohm for 2 ohm or 8 ohm connection.

CT Sounds Tropo V2.0 Dual 2 Ohm 12" Subwoofer 450w RMS

Testimonial - have the Tropo 12 v2. I have mine behind the seat. The box is 49 inches long, 7 inches wide at the top, 9 inches at the bottom, and 15 inches tall if I remember right. Ported and tuned to 26hz.Testimonial

Thanks for the recommendation, but that box is waaaaaaaay to big. I'm liking the Dayton HF 12 because it can use a pretty small box and I need the space in my trunk. I, also, think the IDQ 12 can utilize a fairly small box, as well...just not as small as the Dayton.