11 78.57%
  • NO

3 21.43%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Does GOD exist

1. Back To Top    #51

Re: Does GOD exist

Quote Originally Posted by ca90ss View Post
    I'm only saying that if god made everything then that would have to include him/her/itself. Unless you're saying that god isn't part everything and if it's not part of everything then it's nothing and doesn't exist.
    when you say "I'm only saying" then exclude the evidence previous, you subtract what you wanted from said evidence pool until it meets your approval, or understanding, yes?

when I say "God made everything" that means that everything inside of our little pocket of everything, which is woefully indefinite or undefined for my tastes, well, God made that. What is going on before time, what is going on in other possible permutations regarding dark matter/energy and what is sitting on the other side of the black holes, or however the egg lands on face, is not only happening outside of "our purview" but also outside of your little synopsis of what you understand, which is a circular reasoning arrangement.

step outside of that.

if God made everything "blows your mind" such that you cannot even express the possibility that God, may have more going on than this one universe convention, and that what I proscribe God to be, as being more than some invisible old guy in the sky, I empathize with your heart shaped box, but do not sit inside of it.

God for our intents and purposes, fills in the definition "everything you could have thought of, and then some" better than "is part of, or doesn't exist" which is exclusionary and intended to set one apart from the truth, which is God is responsible for everything being where it is, here in our physics-locked universe, but physics doesn't lock anything and what you consider "not exist" may actually be the greater part of "exist" when you get on God terms, but to slice it thin enough to make it understandable, means some people will choke and others swallow, by acknowledging you cannot define God as being here and there at the same time, you would expose yourself as a choker.

it just seems to me that the people out to prove chaos is your daddy, are probably further from the center than those who give the rhyme and reason a chance, or that the fibonacci as math is less perfect if you cannot see the beauty in it all.

maybe that's why the tower leans in Pisa, you know, God...

2. Back To Top    #52

Cliff notes?

3. Back To Top    #53
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

"However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light "- Stanley Kubrick

Omnipotence and omniscience equals
    "Do unto others as you would have done unto you"
    Last edited by Hic; 11-02-2017 at 11:51 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #54

Cliff notes?
    it looks like I said it four different ways, so perhaps some confusion?

God isn't something you or I can define, understand, or even defend.

When asking the big questions, it appears we all have what I like to call, a sphere of reality to operate from, within an encapsulation of knowledge we trudge along, hopeful that we can correlate, and corroborate, when in fact, we cannot even make a fuzzy fax of what those big questions encompass.

we are lucky to even understand the physical laws as they pertain to us, some require huge tracts of time devoted to a subject before mastery, in the martial ways.

when you dumb it down, you reduce the amount of intercession, you remove yourself from competition, you bow out ungracefully by not conceding.

and that's okay too, you don't really need to know the answers.

5. Back To Top    #55

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    The flipside of that coin is if the Big Bang created everything, then where did the matter come from?
    not to sound trite, but this would be like, level 1 in a game of Tetris where what we know, and stack appropriately, is easily overrun with what we don't know.

I would postulate that the Big Bang formed because of something happening before it, but that's where my finite mind can go, and not necessarily where the evidence takes us, or where faith begins.

The idea that there was space, for a universe to expand inside of, is a simple concept because it meets the precursor, but is it necessary or do we just presume that it is?

I have to accept that anything that begins, must end if I go the scientist route, but eternity isn't scientific, is it? I would expect that those equations that do not finish, are like riddles that do not make sense.

In the same way as a person with low IQ struggles to understand how God isn't just some being hanging out in heaven, waiting on time to fill up the halls with the spirits of everyone who believed... I might struggle to understand how God isn't "sentient" in the way we are, and presents himself accordingly, even though the mass of divine ideations we familiarize ourselves with, may be in and of themselves, only partially to blame,

for this post traveling, or walking with the ball, forgetting to bounce.

6. Back To Top    #56
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Our galaxy = In one calculation, the Milky Way has a mass of about 100 billion solar masses, so it is easiest to translate that to 100 billion stars. This accounts for the stars that would be bigger or smaller than our sun, and averages them out. Other mass estimates bring the number up to 400 billion.

All in all, Hubble reveals an estimated 100 billion galaxies in the universe or so, but this number is likely to increase to about 200 billion as telescope technology in space improves.

God isn't something you or I can define, understand.
    GOD may have his/her/it's hands full tending to "Things". Once social justice and harmony is achieved for everyone on earth, we can attempt to crawl out of the cradle of humankind, " as an adult living in a cradle seems , well , less than desirable.

0 / 1 / 2 / 3 - rating system [ 0 = fossil fuels , 1 equals using the suns energy , 2 equals using the stars in our galaxy , 3 equals using all the stars in the universe ]. A Big Zero is what we are NOW !

Alpha Centaur i is 4 1/4 light years away , to receive a radio signal and then reply would take 8 1/2 light years [ closest neighbour ].
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

7. Back To Top    #57

Quote Originally Posted by cajunner View Post
    it looks like I said it four different ways, so perhaps some confusion?

God isn't something you or I can define, understand, or even defend.

When asking the big questions, it appears we all have what I like to call, a sphere of reality to operate from, within an encapsulation of knowledge we trudge along, hopeful that we can correlate, and corroborate, when in fact, we cannot even make a fuzzy fax of what those big questions encompass.

we are lucky to even understand the physical laws as they pertain to us, some require huge tracts of time devoted to a subject before mastery, in the martial ways.

when you dumb it down, you reduce the amount of intercession, you remove yourself from competition, you bow out ungracefully by not conceding.

and that's okay too, you don't really need to know the answers.
    So you can't define, understand or explain god but you're sure he exists. Makes sense.

8. Back To Top    #58
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Sir Isaac Newton believed in a monotheistic GOD as a masterful creator whose existence could not be denied in the face of the grandeur of all creation.

www.britannica.com/topic/monotheism
    Last edited by Hic; 11-02-2017 at 07:09 PM.

9. Back To Top    #59

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    Sir Isaac Newton believed in a monotheistic GOD as a masterful creator whose existence could not be denied in the face of the grandeur of all creation.
    Was this before or after he got hit in the head with that apple?

10. Back To Top    #60
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

So you can't define, understand or explain god but you're sure he exists. Makes sense.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but, GOD's a part of my life and I know I am blessed.