Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does GOD exist

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Does GOD exist

I gave time and monies to church , a church elder rebuked our reverend when it was discovered , said reverend had used a personal check to purchase neccesary items. Bit of a no-no .

Helped with screeting concrete for 75 yd sidewalk , diagnosed problems with equipment , usher , and donations [ wedding , etc.., ].

The 1966 winner of best picture [ A Man for all Seasons ] seemed to deal with church -n- state being separate entities .
    Last edited by Hic; 06-28-2017 at 04:59 PM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Howard
    Vehicle
    Gonzo the Yota 3.0

I find this interesting. I have faith that there is something out there bigger than us, a God of sorts.
    I dont subscribe to religion so much tho since my ex wifes uncle, who was a Southern Baptist Preacher told me I was going to burn in a river of fire for all eternity since I refused to be "saved" and take Jesus into my life.
    I am Jewish by birth and was raised Orthodox/Conservative, went to Yeshiva thru 7th grade and considered becoming a Rabbi at a very bad time in my life. The fact that I wasnt going to believe what he wanted(and most other born again Christians for that matter) was pretty sad and made me realize that as long as I am comfortable in my belief system it really doesnt matter.

3. Back To Top    #23

Am christian, I guess always will be...

I now have a daughter and soon a son (end of the month), a loving wife... I believe in god but am not sure about reincarnation.
    One thing I know for sure: enjoy life because it is short - I'm now scared to let my family behind (if I die young) and wish for a long life with them.
    Life is great - I feel like I managed to do something great. I want to spend a few more decades to see my love grow stronger.

Kelvin

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    No, I'm saying that somethings exist that cannot be scientifically proven...at least not at this time. Do you think that all scientists believe that we are the only intelligent creatures in the universe simply because we have yet to find extra-terrestrial life?
    They are testing for neutrinos and still speculating about the ever mysterious and invisible " dark matter " which makes up 25 % and a force known as "dark energy" which makes up 70% of the universe and repels gravity, does not reflect light and cannot be ' seen or touched '. They know it's there in their minds [ Think Einstein ] he imagined the theory of relativity and now everyone knows that E=mc^2

At least mankind understands 5 percent of the universe
    Last edited by Hic; 07-23-2017 at 07:39 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Lotta youtube videos presenting scientific proof of God... some very compelling, some not so much

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...c+proof+of+god

6. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Quote Originally Posted by chefhow View Post
    I find this interesting. I have faith that there is something out there bigger than us, a God of sorts.
    I dont subscribe to religion so much tho since my ex wifes uncle, who was a Southern Baptist Preacher told me I was going to burn in a river of fire for all eternity since I refused to be "saved" and take Jesus into my life.
    I am Jewish by birth and was raised Orthodox/Conservative, went to Yeshiva thru 7th grade and considered becoming a Rabbi at a very bad time in my life. The fact that I wasnt going to believe what he wanted(and most other born again Christians for that matter) was pretty sad and made me realize that as long as I am comfortable in my belief system it really doesnt matter.
    Interesting that you were raised Jewish and went to Yeshiva. Our pastor had similar beginnings.
    At one point in his life he was a world champion martial artist and trained cadets at west point military academy.
    His story:

7. Back To Top    #27

I guess I am on the other side of the belief spectrum. I was raised a Catholic and have always felt that things dont add up. I dont fault those that believe in a higher power. I just dont share the same beliefs. I have spent countless hours watching videos from Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, and Lawrence Krauss. All of which have compelling things to say about religion vs. science as a whole. Most of what is pointed out by these guys mirror what I have always thought.

One thing I firmly believe is that religion has too much influence on the our society and that will be our undoing. If there was just one religion, that would not be the case. But, there is not and the big 3 (as I like to refer to them) are on a collision course which doesnt bode well for humanity. Just an observation and my opinion.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

A monacracy would be desirable !

9. Back To Top    #29

City, State, Global governments without religious influence.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Real Name
    Howard
    Vehicle
    Gonzo the Yota 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by weshole View Post
    City, State, Global governments without religious influence.
    Never gonna happen. Our constitution separates church and state yet we see them cross lines everyday all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk