Thread: Does GOD exist

1. Back To Top    #31
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Does GOD exist

Quote Originally Posted by Truthunter View Post
    At one point in his life he was a world champion martial artist !
    2001 -
    Nathan Robinson is a MMA fighter with a professional fight record of 1 wins, 2 losses and 0 draws. ...

When was he fighting ?

This is all I found under his name .

and this

Master Robinson is a published author, lecturer, wellness coach and Master Teacher who has been studying the martial arts since 1976. He is an experienced instructor, a highly respected and dynamic teacher who has given numerous wellness self-defense and training clinics and seminars throughout the United States and around the globe.
    He is an eight-time undefeated black belt self-defense champion and grand champion, and holds rankings in several martial art styles, including a sixth Degree Black
    Belt in World Tang Soo Do and a fourth Degree Black Belt in Hapkido. Master Robinson is also trained in boxing, ju-jitsu and combat karate.

Rank achievements:

• Cho dan 1st degree black belt in 1983
    • E dan 2nd degree black belt in 1986
    • Sam dan 3rd degree black belt in 1989
    • Sah dan 4th degree Master in 1994
    • Oh Dan 5th degree Senior Master in 2002
    • Yuk dan 6th degree International Master in 2010

Some of his other accomplishments include:

• 1992: Listed in Karate International Magazine’s “Who’s Who in Martial Arts Elite“
    • 1993: Inducted into the World Martial Arts Hall of Fame as “Instructor of the Year“
    • 2004: Voted Region 8 “Instructor of the Year” by the World Tang Soo Do Association
    • 2006: Voted Dojang of the year by the World Tang Soo Do Association Region 8
    • 2009: Voted Dojang of the year by the World Tang Soo Do Association Region 8
    • 2010: Inducted into the Action Martial Arts Magazine’s Hall of Honors for his outstanding dedication and contribution to the martial arts.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #32
    Real Name
    Naresh (Guyanese)
    Vehicle
    2012 Acura MDX Base (None ELS Stereo)

I really don't care if God exists. However, my wife, 6 year old daughter and I, usually say a prayer most nights before bed. My daughter gets to lead what we do and say. It gets pretty interesting sometimes. A few nights ago, she told me God does not like it when I talked to her (daughter) in a serious voice, and I have to do 20 jumping jacks and apologize before. So did my 20, say I was sorry for talking to her in a serious voice about taking a bath. I actually try my best not to influence her thinking when it comes to God, and that goes for almost everything.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

3. Back To Top    #33
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Out of 759 ( 9 people believe GOD exists and 2 people do not believe GOD exists ) and 748 have no plans to reveal whether and/or what their thoughts are.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #34

wasn't going to squeeze this one, usually prefer to let the pressure out on it's own time and accord, but I figure I mingle in the ethereal airs and why not? Some people here seem to think I'm a bad man, so to prove such, I offer this:

God definitively exists.

normally, you'd see this argument dissolve into etymology, definition and all, quantity, format, solution, solute, etc. but let's step it back to something less pretentious. First of all, the Big Bang, is the answer.

yep, good ol' Big Bang theory is how we get there from here. Because we got here from there.

see what I mean?

the truth, is that God made everything. Because the universe is expanding from some central point at which, time did not exist.

and if that's a fact, then there is "that, than which, nothing greater can be thought of" since time itself and everything inside of it, is a product. What is a product, you ask? Well, it's when you take one thing, and you smash it up into something else. Right? So the smashing thing, that's God.

No matter what cavity of earth you crawled out of, that is irrefutable proof that you exist, and I exist, and God exists.

5. Back To Top    #35

Quote Originally Posted by cajunner View Post

the truth, is that God made everything.
    That would have to mean that god made god as well and for god to make god he would have to exist first and at that point if he already existed then why would god make god in the first place?

6. Back To Top    #36
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by ca90ss View Post
    That would have to mean that god made god ?
    If everything came from a big bang and if black holes are capable of absorbing everything even light , I do not agree with you . Most recently the LIGO observatory has revealed a gravitational-wave passing earth. Time/space wrinkle flowing from neutron stars colliding together in the earth's recent past or about 130 million light years ago[ proved by the frequencies they emitted or a 100 second chirp that ends in a 1,000 hZ whoop].
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...amity-on-earth

Also , an object [ A/2017 U1 ]came into our galaxy and has gone around our sun and is headed back out on an interstellar path , never to return ,[ it ain't from round here ]. GOD may exist " outside of our here "! ( He might have created "Everything that we may ever know ' Let there be light - big bang' ) = TIME and SPACE and eventually , "in the last second of the last day ( on a 12 month calendar ), humankind ! < Carl Sagan "
    Last edited by Hic; 10-29-2017 at 05:55 PM.

7. Back To Top    #37
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Albert Einstein imagined all that we are proving !

If we , or all that "we" know is finite and GOD is infinite , he may not be from around here ! All that "we" know may not extend to infinity.
    Last edited by Hic; 10-28-2017 at 07:17 AM.

8. Back To Top    #38
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

the truth, is that God made everything. Because the universe is expanding from some central point at which, time did not exist.
    Humankind are discovering sub-atomic particles at this point in "time" as well as devising ways to "prove" things imagined by Albert Einstein ( late 19th century to early 20th )

9. Back To Top    #39

it's way too simplistic to imagine that God would have to "make" God, in order for God to exist since the rules of this universe are not the rules of everything outside of this universe. What happens outside of space and time, and interdimensional flora and fauna, if you would allow, is that stuff we cannot think of, since it's no longer constrained by the finite.

something that begins, (big bang) means that at the very least, you move from a reality that isn't defined by us, to a reality that quite possibly, is pretty well defined by us.

what came before, we are not required to assume.

unless of course, you assume too much, which there is an old adage, about making an ass and all that but we'll leave that assumption out of it, in such a cordial assertion, a polite conversation.

10. Back To Top    #40

it's way too simplistic to imagine that God would have to "make" God, in order for God to exist since the rules of this universe are not the rules of everything outside of this universe. What happens outside of space and time, and interdimensional flora and fauna, if you would allow, is that stuff we cannot think of, since it's no longer constrained by the finite.

something that begins, (big bang) means that at the very least, you move from a reality that isn't defined by us, to a reality that quite possibly, is pretty well defined by us.

what came before, we are not required to assume.

unless of course, you assume too much, which there is an old adage, about making an ass and all that but we'll leave that assumption out of it, in such a cordial assertion, a polite conversation.
    I'm only saying that if god made everything then that would have to include him/her/itself. Unless you're saying that god isn't part everything and if it's not part of everything then it's nothing and doesn't exist.