Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Video of how the Tesla Model S is built - Raw materials to finished product...amazing

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Martin
    Vehicle
    Civic,Dodge Journey

Re: Video of how the Tesla Model S is built - Raw materials to finished product...ama

Quote Originally Posted by Fricasseekid View Post
    That was the Pontiac Fiero.

Sent from my Springfield XD with love!

Fire-ero
    Last edited by IBcivic; 08-17-2013 at 07:54 AM.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Martin
    Vehicle
    Civic,Dodge Journey

Re: Video of how the Tesla Model S is built - Raw materials to finished product...ama

No more dimming lights

3. Back To Top    #13

The Tesla is the one that would brick itself.

http://jalopnik.com/5887265/tesla-mo...design-problem

4. Back To Top    #14

It was the tesla ... http://www.teslamotors.com/it_IT/for...ter-crash-test

more problems ... http://jalopnik.com/5887265/tesla-mo...design-problem and more .. http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/for...hanical-issues

I can't stress this enough, it's an alternative energy car so there is NO doubt that it's being backed by the Obama admin (in the clear or in secret). If you put your money in this company, you will lose it when it folds and the Obama folks get all their money from it.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Tim
    Vehicle
    1993 Dodge Dakota, 2003 Subaru Outback

What the heck? Did you even read the article that is in your first link? It's talking about the Chevy Volt, which caught fire after being damaged in a government crash test.

Quote Originally Posted by The Article
    A Chevrolet Volt that caught fire three weeks after its lithium-ion battery was damaged in a government crash test has regulators taking a harder look at the safety of electric car batteries, federal officials said Friday.
    When I Ctrl-F'd that article searching for the word "Tesla," there are two results. The first one said that Tesla has extensively tested their vehicles and that not a one has caught fire after crashes. The second one is a link to another article, titled "Tesla aces its first crash test". So where are you getting the idea that Teslas are catching on fire???

Your second link is to an article that mentions the "problem" that the Tesla will die if the battery is completely discharged. This is not a "problem". It may be a disincentive to buy the car for owners who don't want the responsibility of caring for their car, but Tesla knows of this "problem" and builds in multiple safety measures to the car to warn the driver that the battery is dangerously low. They even offer that the car be linked with Tesla and inform the company that the owner's car has discharged dangerously low. So, for people who 1) don't actually drive their car, and 2) keep the car in a place without access to electricity, an electric vehicle is not an appropriate choice. Basically, you'd have to be the type of idiot who never changes his oil on a gas engine in order to brick a Tesla.

Your third link goes to Tesla owners complaining about mechanical/electrical issues on their new cars. This is the one link that says anything of consequence. Clearly, the new Model S cars are not perfect and kinks will be worked out for months and years to come. It should be logical that the Model S have more issues than large automakers, because 1) they're a small automaker with less experience, and 2) they're on a frontier, building cars that have no real precedent to build off of. That said, I imagine that it would suck to have issues after spending close to or over 100 grand on a car. Now, THAT being said, if you want reliable, buy a Honda. People buying Model S vehicles are early adopters. Being early adopters is a priority for them.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
    It was the tesla ... http://www.teslamotors.com/it_IT/for...ter-crash-test

more problems ... http://jalopnik.com/5887265/tesla-mo...design-problem and more .. http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/for...hanical-issues

I can't stress this enough, it's an alternative energy car so there is NO doubt that it's being backed by the Obama admin (in the clear or in secret). If you put your money in this company, you will lose it when it folds and the Obama folks get all their money from it.
    Please leave your comments in the box outside my door, right underneath the sign that reads: Shame T. Llama, phD. Your thoughts are very important to me!

6. Back To Top    #16

No, I just skimmed thru it. Shame on me

7. Back To Top    #17
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

Quote Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
    Shame on me
    You wouldn't say that if you saw what he does to the llama!

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Tim
    Vehicle
    1993 Dodge Dakota, 2003 Subaru Outback

Teehee
    Please leave your comments in the box outside my door, right underneath the sign that reads: Shame T. Llama, phD. Your thoughts are very important to me!

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Paul
    Vehicle
    2006 MINI Cooper S Checkmate Edition

the llama looks like albino prince.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Stu
    Vehicle
    '02 Honda Accord

Video of how the Tesla Model S is built - Raw materials to finished product.....

It's a punk rock llama. He never would conform to society's rules. Even when other llamas disapproved of him pursuing that relationship with an alpaca.

Sent from my Springfield XD with love!