Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Central/North AL GTG- Nov 11

Real Name
    Alan

Central/North AL GTG- Nov 11

BigAl's Big Birthday Bash Part Deux!

I would like to invite everyone over to listen to some cool audio systems, hang out and cut up with your friends, and help me celebrate my Birthday (actually the 12th). We will probably also have a pre-meet and tuning session the night before.

The place: My house in Hayden, AL (about 25 miles north of Birmingham)
    The date: Saturday, November 11
    The time: 9AM to 9PM

Optional things to bring:
    - your favorite demo music
    - a folding chair
    - a camera
    - Tools and tuning equipment
    - a friend
    - a canopy

I hope to see you there!

Here's a pic from last year's meet

2. Back To Top    #31
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Central/North AL GTG- Nov 11

I'm not much of a fisherman, but Chris (HillbillySQ) will talk your ears off about it

...now BBQ is a different story...

3. Back To Top    #32

Ok, wow am I glad to be home, a little road weary, but the trip back was better than the ride down, lol.

I must say I woke up feeling a little ashamed of having so many veterans in attendance yesterday, on this of all weekends, and not shutting my trap long enough to raise a glass in honor of your service to our beloved country. So I will say here, sorry friends, no slight intended as I seriously enjoy this life defended by yourselves and countless other men and women who have, and continue to, make our country safe, sound, and secure against much of the world who'd love nothing more than to take it all away. Big props to every one of ya.....for reals.

Now that I shamefully got that off my chest, a big ol happy birfday, and serious gratitude to my friend Al, for not only hosting this fun filled event, but also for opening his home to me and making me feel very welcome for a couple of days, I really appreciate that.

The meet was an absolute blast, catching up with old friends, and making quite a few new ones! It was a day full of demos, food, and conversation.....definitely good times......then an after hours bullshit session of epic proportions! The stories flowed freely, of alcohol induced good times, foreign cultures, random violence and crime, and petty stupidity.....God knows I had that last one covered...lmao.

There were several good demos to be had there too! Chis came out with his cherokee, what a great platform for some good tunes. That thing sounds more and more tied down everytime I hear it Chris, great job! Jason's lil blue machine sounded excellent, with his new tune showing some serious essque chops....this car always rocks! Nick rolled out with multiple subs for demoing in his great sounding volksvagon, the bm and the hst.....beauty and the beast, me thinks.........lol, seriously, that hst has balls! Blake was busy proving budget oriented gear can certainly sound phenomenal, when ya know what you're doing....he also rolled in with a crowd of cool fellers....and chicken sammiches, BONUS!.......I enjoyed all the demos fellas! Erin shared some rather interesting plans for his civic......damn, looking forward to hearing that dood...like seriously. I'm glad Nick drug Jacob out to meet everyone, what a damn charactor! Hope he enjoyed it and turns into a regular at these things. Speaking of charactors, William (I think that's right?) Put in some serious after hours work helping al out on some power cable routing.....what a helluva guy!

4. Back To Top    #33
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle

Glad everybody made it home safe

5. Back To Top    #34

Thanks for putting this on, Al! Was a nice break for me to come talk audio for a bit. I had a great time catching up with old friends and meeting new ones.

So I have to ask...

When is the next one? 😬
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

6. Back To Top    #35
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle

I'll wait for you to start planning one, and then I'll horn in on it

I wouldn't mind doing another one in the spring, but coming up with a good time is a PITA. It's hard to schedule when you're competing with other meets and comps.

7. Back To Top    #36
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Looks like this was a great time, wish I could have made it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    I wouldn't mind doing another one in the spring, but coming up with a good time is a PITA. It's hard to schedule when you're competing with other meets and comps.
    So true! Hoping to set up a spring meet here, but trying to make sure it does not conflict with other potential spring meets.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

8. Back To Top    #37
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by naiku View Post
    Looks like this was a great time, wish I could have made it.

So true! Hoping to set up a spring meet here, but trying to make sure it does not conflict with other potential spring meets.
    I'm already planning on attending Kendal's meet in January, and Jason was talking about his spring meet. I would love to attend another one of yours, it's beautiful up there. It's just difficult for me to attend all of them, especially since I work weekends.

9. Back To Top    #38
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    I'm already planning on attending Kendal's meet in January, and Jason was talking about his spring meet. I would love to attend another one of yours, it's beautiful up there. It's just difficult for me to attend all of them, especially since I work weekends.
    Very similar situation here, I am hoping to attend both Kendal and Jasons meet. In my case, my wife works both Friday afternoon/evening and Sunday, so Friday's are out and Sunday I have to be home by 10am in order for her to get to work. Couple that with either of us having things planned, or the boys having something planned, weekends can get a little hectic.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

10. Back To Top    #39

Ditto here. Wife works weekends and we have a 7yo so it makes my out of town trips very, very limited.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

11. Back To Top    #40
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

If a meet out that way is during good fishing weather I might have my boat in tow next time because Kenny said he can get me on some hawgs at Guntersville. That's if Al will let me take up some space in his garage for a couple days.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.