Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Nissan Navara. Unbuild log.

1. Back To Top    #1

2010 Nissan Navara. Unbuild log.

Hey guys figured that given all the time I put into this it should be saved somewhere to some degree. So I apologise for how lame it is compared to others on here.

A little background. This is/was my daily driver, work ute, kiddie cab etc. After about 7 yrs over two Utes with no systems I decided to just add a little bass to this ute. Well these photos are how it ended up. I actually had a build log on an Australian site but that one shut down.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2010 Nissan Navara. Unbuild log.

That's a big ol honkin power wire for a little bass, lmao. Post on dood, let's see what all you've done....

3. Back To Top    #3

So I now have the engine bay stripped and moved on to the amp ramp. I'm still filthy with myself that it never got carpeted.

I'm reasonably happy with how the wiring came out. Please excuse the red 4 gauge for grounds, I was using scraps from old installs. It was all heat shrinked red or black and I used bootlaces ferrules for the first and not the last time

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    That's a big ol honkin power wire for a little bass, lmao. Post on dood, let's see what all you've done....
    I figured it was justified given I had a ppi 900.4, pdx 4.150 and a pdx 1.1000. Theoretically they could need that size cable. Not really in reality though.

5. Back To Top    #5

I found some other random photos during the build. It's funny how you forget all the different gear you use over time.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Looking good!

I had to Google Nissan Navara...it's what they call a Frontier in the US (I forgot you were in Australia). I hope you don't mind, but I added it in your profile just to add context

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Looking good!

I had to Google Nissan Navara...it's what they call a Frontier in the US (I forgot you were in Australia). I hope you don't mind, but I added it in your profile just to add context
    My bad. I forgot about the name differences. I also apologise for the hap hazard nature of this log. This has become the site I go to for car audio these days and felt I should put something up.

I think you guys will be more familiar with the new truck I have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

It's all good. I used to have a Nissan Hardbody, which was the predecessor to the Frontier

9. Back To Top    #9

I got a few minutes over the weekend to remove more gear

CSS sdx7 drivers. I never quite got the door strong enough to handle them without too much vibration.

10. Back To Top    #10

Because of the really limited space in this truck I went with a p99 due to the all in one nature of it rather than an external dsp. I added a pbus to rca lead so I could run a parrot Bluetooth into it for phone usage.
    This created a rats nest I never quite got under control.