Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Front stage help

1. Back To Top    #81
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: Front stage help

Rainbow Germaniums - yum. Easily one of my most favorite comp sets.

The DLS Ultimate UPi6 were very similar to those in my opinion. Same great detail, but with that punch from the midbass too.

Wonder if you could find a local PHD dealer - those might offer the sound you are looking for as well.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

2. Back To Top    #82
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    13 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    Not sure how far Indianapolis is from Dayton, Ohio but there's a meet of fellow forum members going on at Parts Express that would be happy to let you hear their setups.
    its only a couple hours. But kinda got screwed at work at the last minute for that day so I won't be able to make it. Was planning on it when I first heard of it.

3. Back To Top    #83
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Audiomobile GTS2112 Subwoofer , 5.8" deep mounting depth

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...te-2212-a.html

Awesome sub Chris , No pole vent means it can be butted up to rear of box. A small sealed box made out of 6 pieces of wood in your skillz ? 0.75 cu ft for a 12" sub is Killer !

The new components will just be a matter of watching as you remove an old one and then reversing procedure ! { with 2 doors you can do one and have another if it gets confusing !
    Last edited by Hic; 07-11-2017 at 09:38 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #84
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    13 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Rainbow Germaniums - yum. Easily one of my most favorite comp sets.

The DLS Ultimate UPi6 were very similar to those in my opinion. Same great detail, but with that punch from the midbass too.

Wonder if you could find a local PHD dealer - those might offer the sound you are looking for as well.
    Whats PHD? Ya I'm still considering the Germaniums if I can find some...went to Cartronix and listened to the Audiofrogs. They are pretty nice, and kinda leaning that way ,with the GB10/GS60. I wish they were a shade warmer maybe? It was just on a board so it's hard to say. They definitely seem to play whatever comes at them well.
    check that-amazon has germanium active set about $400 shipped. Vs 550 gs60/gb10 but those from auth dealer and installed by them.
    Last edited by Chris; 07-11-2017 at 06:35 PM.

5. Back To Top    #85
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    13 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    Audiomobile GTS2112 Subwoofer , 5.8" deep mounting depth

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...te-2212-a.html

Awesome sub Chris , No pole vent means it can be butted up to rear of box. A small sealed box made out of 6 pieces of wood in your skillz ? 0.75 cu ft for a 12" sub is Killer !

The new components will just be a matter of watching as you remove an old one and then reversing procedure ! { with 2 doors you can do one and have another if it gets confusing !
    Ya I could build that, carpet may look like hot garbage though. I want to put it in a ported box. Read one of few things I found on it, and the guy said he hates ported in general, but w that sub, it was way better

6. Back To Top    #86
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Sounds like it could be comin together for you

Who is doing the box , ported enclosure's need to be more exact than sealed ?

Problem areas = port chuffing , delay , et cetera
    Last edited by Hic; 07-12-2017 at 05:43 PM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

7. Back To Top    #87
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Kind of leaning toward the Audiofrog GS60's, the sail panels will be the location. Is there an optimal angle or position (where to aim them)?
    The GS60 mids near bottom of door and then straight up , vertically at sail panel the gb10's.

8. Back To Top    #88
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Go with the Frogs! Awesome product, and best customer service in the world!
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

9. Back To Top    #89
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    13 Mustang GT

Alright...I could look over this stuff for another couple years and not know hahah. Ok final two, time to drop some dime...

Audiofrog GS60/gb15
    Rainbow Germaniums

was going to throw Morel Virtus in there but, think I'll pass. The DLS sound nice on the couple vids I saw but hard to tell. PHD seems interesting as well but couldn't find much. So I'll leave it at those final two. I imagine neither will suck..I'd be sold on the frogs, but hard to say from what I heard. Maybe want a little more richness, airier, maybe? Possibility in the future adding a tube pre amp to it...may help out that aspect.
    So experts, frogs or germs? Final round... which would be a larger feeling and maybe "richer" w/o being dull?

10. Back To Top    #90
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Customer service wins out every time -Audiofrog GS60/gb15 or gs60/gb10 from authorized dealer.
    Last edited by Hic; 07-15-2017 at 12:42 PM.