Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Front stage help

1. Back To Top    #71
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #72
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Re: Front stage help

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk Fan View Post
    Can you tell me exactly which NVX speakers you are considering?
    The set that uses SB Acoustics coated paper 6.5's and the SB29 soft dome tweeters. Awesome set.

OP, you don't have to wait to get the NVX set if you don't mind getting the speakers the NVX set uses in raw form. Not sure what your tweeter locations are looking like but you can get the SB17nrxc35 coated paper woofers and SB29 tweeters off Madisound and basically have the same drivers as the NVX set. Only catch with this route is the SB29 off Madisound won't have mounting options like the car audio branded version does. All you'll get is a tweeter that you have to figure out how to mount where you want to put it.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

3. Back To Top    #73

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    The set that uses SB Acoustics coated paper 6.5's and the SB29 soft dome tweeters. Awesome set.

OP, you don't have to wait to get the NVX set if you don't mind getting the speakers the NVX set uses in raw form. Not sure what your tweeter locations are looking like but you can get the SB17nrxc35 coated paper woofers and SB29 tweeters off Madisound and basically have the same drivers as the NVX set. Only catch with this route is the SB29 off Madisound won't have mounting options like the car audio branded version does. All you'll get is a tweeter that you have to figure out how to mount where you want to put it.

The reason I asked the question was that if going active, there is almost no need to get the component set. Why pay for the crossover network when you won't be using it. But, you bring up a good point that I didn't consider. Having the mounting hardware is a nice option. I am currently running passive with my Morel Tempo Ultra 602 front stage and am utilizing the tweeter mounts...they came in very handy.

4. Back To Top    #74
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    13 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk Fan View Post
    Can you tell me exactly which NVX speakers you are considering?
    The x series, like the SB's above. But the mounting hardware woukd come in very handy.
    Amazon has the Tempo's for $325 now too. So they're pretty close in price to them at 285 ish
    Last edited by Chris; 07-06-2017 at 11:36 PM.

5. Back To Top    #75
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Price: [COLOR=#B12704 !important]$319.99[/COLOR] & FREE Shipping -
    https://www.amazon.com/Tempo-Morel-6...449.1499457773

[
    • Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm
    • Power Handling: 120W
    • Max. Transient Power Handling: 280W
    • Sensitivity (2.83V/1M): 90dB
    • Frequency Response: 40–22000Hz ]
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

6. Back To Top    #76
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    13 Mustang GT

I like the idea of the warmth, and seemingly airiness of the Morels...with stuff like a louder distorted guitar for example, will you lose some of the edge, or realness? I listen to a wide variety of music...but for example my favorite artist is Jack White (all bands). Would they do well for that type of sound? That's just an example, which I think is not a bad example as he can go from loud and distorted to soft and smooth. And to think how some stuff like Hendrix,Nirvana, grunge type, vs idk say Norah Jones, old blues,johnny cash,classic rock (zeppelin,ccr,stones...) old school rap. Just as a brief example of what I listen to hahah. Trying to find a good all around sound. And seems I've had speakers before that are better for one thing but not all around. But in fairness they were not properly tuned.
    Last edited by Chris; 07-08-2017 at 07:52 AM.

7. Back To Top    #77
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

You hit nail on head ! Some music sounds better with this or that , there are alot of genres out there. The Morels have been known for decades as Great speakers .

8. Back To Top    #78
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Look in your wallet and then buy a mid-level speaker !

9. Back To Top    #79
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    13 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    Look in your wallet and then buy a mid-level speaker !
    ya, you're right about that. That's more of the way I'm moving, at least the 500 ish range. Might as well since the install and tune are gonna cost. Almost wasteful it seems to spend that to install a lesser speaker. Not to mention I really need to have a proper box built for my sub (Audiomobile elite 2112). It's in a crap old pre fab I had laying around. Wish I would've kept my Rainbow Germaniums from my last car. Those would've been alright...hard to find now it seems. But i remember thinking when I got the focal flax 3 ways put in, that the rainbows sounded better (in my memory, which may not be accurate ). Tired of reading reviews non stop and having no sound. I wish I could hear some real set ups to get an accurate feel for them. And get on with it so you guys don't have to look at my posts anymore haha. For choices anyway

10. Back To Top    #80
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Not sure how far Indianapolis is from Dayton, Ohio but there's a meet of fellow forum members going on at Parts Express that would be happy to let you hear their setups.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.